Need a quick review of this layout (si Fuzz Face)

Started by seadi123, January 16, 2015, 12:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadi123

Hi everyone , i'm building a silicon fuzz face tonight , using BC108B transistors and this schematic . I have drawn a layout , and i want a quick review if it's right or not :

Kipper4

looks ok to me from a quick view. just dont foget the cap hanging off the fuzz pot.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

peterg

...and any other components such as a polarity protection diode, power filtering cap and led resistor.

GibsonGM

• SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

smallbearelec

Quote from: seadi123 on January 16, 2015, 12:56:58 PM
Hi everyone , i'm building a silicon fuzz face tonight , using BC108B transistors and this schematic . I have drawn a layout , and i want a quick review if it's right or not :

I agree that the layout is "right" as far as it goes. It isn't complete, as others here have pointed out, and there's information you would want about lining up the circuit that's Not in that schematic. If you want to get to something that you'll be happy to build, Back Up A Couple Of Steps.

--The generic resistor values for the Si FF when combined with high-gain BC10x devices are guaranteed to give you a harsh-sounding FF. Check out this article:

http://diy.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/BreadboardSiFF/BreadboardSiFF.htm

and Breadboard Before You Commit To Solder.

--When you have something that sounds good on the breadboard, figure out what enclosure you want to put it in, and think out where the stomp switch, jacks and controls will be. Only then sit down and draw the layout. The positions of the input, output and control connections govern the layout of the board. Your drawing should clearly indicate where every single connection goes, both on the board and to the off-board components.

--Because this process necessarily involves a lot of trial-and-error, the drawing should be done using software like DIY Layout Creator so that you can easily correct mistakes.

I realize that you are eager to play through something that you have built and hear it work, so go for it. I hope that, at some point, you'll exercise a little patience and take a more systematic approach to learning to build. The time you invest will pay major dividends and spare you a lot of heartache.

seadi123