9au7 valvecaster

Started by llmdcll, January 17, 2015, 12:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llmdcll

I've been interested with the valvecaster for awhile now and I found a cheap 9au7 so I was thinking about trying it out with that tube but there's not too much info about using this tube with the circuit. I'm planning on using the vero from tagboardeffects.blogspot.com. I thought this tube might be a better option since they are cheaper and meant to be run at 9v. I think. From the little I've found I think I would just need 9v at the plate and then I could use a charge pump to get a higher voltage at the heaters. Right? I was also wondering if I would need to make any tweaks to the layout with the resistors and caps. I would really appreciate any input on this subject cause I would love to build one just to hear it. I know it's not supposed to be a "real" tube sound but I really wanna experiment with this and idk why there isn't more about using this tube . Thanks for anyone who takes the time to drop some knowledge. I've learned so much from this site and the people here and this is probably one of the best sites ever

psychedelicfish

Quote from: llmdcll on January 17, 2015, 12:14:53 AM
I think I would just need 9v at the plate and then I could use a charge pump to get a higher voltage at the heaters.
The 9 in 9AU7 is the heater voltage, so you wouldn't want a higher voltage for the heaters. The plate could probably do with a higher voltage, but 9V should be OK for that too.
If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!