noose generating/oscillating feedback loop made from Crybaby

Started by apotheodaimon, January 18, 2015, 11:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apotheodaimon

Well, I've had another maniacal idea and I have some ideas on how to do it, but I'd like to convert an old crybaby wah into an oscillating feedback pedal. I'd really love for it to be just noisy as hell.

I'm looking for suggestions on how you all might go about this because I can think of only one way. I am trying to keep the wah circuit and components in the mix and just use some jumpers and the existing pot as double duty.

The noise I'd like it to create is that crazy jackhammer power oscillation you can get from voltage bleed. I once hat that coming from my proco rat 2 when I mistakenly clipped the 1m resistor from the input to ground. I liked the sound but didn't want it to come from my rat.

So, I've searched all over the web and I've run out of info, shed some light on this idea. After I do what I'll do, I'll show some pics, and put up some schematics and sound clips.

apotheodaimon

To clarify the above post, I'm trying to introduce low frequency parasitic oscillations into the crybaby circuit when the effect is engaged and also create a feedback loop for those oscillations using the existing pot. Obviously I am trying NOT to have such oscillation and feedback present when the effect is disengaged.

pinkjimiphoton

just plug the crybaby in backwards. then ya can do all the stuff gilmour did on live at pompeii.
and still bypass it.

i was going inSANE working on a crybaby that just screamed and squealed. couldn't figure it out.
finally went on ebay to get a drop in board (this was years ago) and bought one. :icon_rolleyes:
went back and THAT was when i saw i had the fuggin' wah plugged in backwards. :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

swap  the cords, wah was fine. :icon_eek:

:icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

apotheodaimon

I suppose that's a possibility. I was really hoping to get some kind of motor boating low buzz with bad tracking and random arpeggiation out of it, but I use a pitch shifter for that as it is.

I'd love to hear any other suggestions.

Just tried flipping it backwards, no noise, just nasal near nonexistent wah. And a huge volume drop.

I'd just really like to know where I could start and end a feedback loop so as not to disturb the input buffer and also what I could short to create parasitic low frequency oscillations

anotherjim

I think it's easier with a delay + regen + lfo - tweak the regen so it just sets off oscillation with signal input. Ok, that's too finicky for live work -  so footswitch to mute/un-mute input to delay. Expression pedal to delay time instead of LFO maybe?