Do you have a vintage EHX Echoflanger/Polychorus/Polyflange? I need you!

Started by Scruffie, January 21, 2015, 08:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

In conjunction with Lectric-FX i've been working on a DIY project of the vintage EHX Echoflanger/Polychorus/Echoflange updated to use MN3007 or V/BL/MN3207 instead of the originals 2 x SAD1024.

We have a working prototype going and the last thing we need is to check the clock frequencies (albeit doubled) match an original units to make sure no changes are needed in the Clock/VCO.

So if you have a means of taking a frequency measurement and have an original we'll happily offer one of the finished PCBs as a thank you if you can help out.

Here's the board so far;

Thanks!

Just to clarify, the vintage Polychorus will have a 'Blend' slide switch, not the 'Sweep Filter' found on the reissue.

Scruffie

Got some help from Graemey of Graemey's stompbox secrets and here's the readings of his vintage Echoflanger for anyone that might need them in the future.

Tune - CW
Width - CCW
Rate - CCW
Feedback - CCW
Filter Matrix 341kHz
Double Track 110.9khZ

Tune - CCW
Width - CCW
Rate - CCW
Feedback - CCW
Filter Matix 54.5kHz
Double Track 17.71kHz

Tune - CW
Width - CW
Rate - CCW
Feedback - CCW
Flange 439-50kHz
Chorus 114-82kHz

Scruffie

Hi! Nearly finished (as long as there's no surprises) few more weeks, i'm just building up the V2 prototype and then i'll be comparing it to an original EHX unit I have in for repair.

Pop over to the madbeanpedals forum if you want to keep updated, don't want to feel like i'm spamming the project here.

Cheers.

cesar.carazza

Thank you!
I will follow the progress of the project there!  :D

My nickname is cesar.carazza...

Happy New Year!