Online Resistor & Capacitor Calculator

Started by nero1985, January 21, 2015, 06:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nero1985

Hi Guys, It's been a while since I posted here! a few months back I started messing with building pedals again which I haven't done in years and I built a simple html app to help me figure out the value of capacitors which I've been using for a while but I never got around to making it public so I figured I'd add it to my site so it can be used by anyone for free.

I hate explain things because I'm just not good at it, but basically if you wanna know what 10nF is in mF you just type 10 in the Capacitor Translator field and a couple of tables show up translating 10 uf/nf/pf into uf/nf/pf if that makes any sence, also it will tell you what the 3 digit printed number of the capacitor would be, for example for 10nf = 0.01uf = 10,000pf = 103 printed on the capacitor (the 4th digit which is a letter is not part of it since for my needs it never mattered)

For resistors you just type the value in ohms and it will show you what the color of the bands would be for 4 and 5 band resistors, you can also choose the color that it is and it will tell you the value.

I'll expand it later to add parallel/series capacitance / resistance and if any of you have any suggestion feel free to message me on my site and i'll try adding it.

You can access it here http://www.roxxxtar.com/stompbox-tools

Below is a screenshot to give you an idea of what does. I hope it helps you!