Question about swapping trannies in fuzzface...

Started by Rick1114, January 22, 2015, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick1114

Hi All,
I have Germanium PNP FuzzFace (Traditional Circut) with IT308B trannies in it. I thought they were a little too weak with my strats so I purchased some nice Russian NKT275's off the bay. I was going to swap them tonight and I realized the IT308B's have 3 leads soldered into the circut board, and the NK275 has only two leads. Will I still be able to make swap? I see two of the IT308b trannies go into holes leading "inside" the tranny,the third lead comes down the middle. 

Any insight into this would be apprciated!

Thanks,

Rick

anchovie

If you've bought NKT275s with 2 leads, I think you've been ripped off!
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

Rick1114

Wait I see does have three leads. Sorry looong day at work today...super tired. okay gonna try soldering them in!

Thanks Rick 

antonis

Quote from: anchovie on January 22, 2015, 07:37:37 PM
If you've bought NKT275s with 2 leads, I think you've been ripped off!

:icon_biggrin: :icon_lol: :icon_biggrin: :icon_lol:

(sorry for the spam..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

italianguy63

You might try just q2 at first.  I have built a good bunch with pairs of NKT275's and I have found the leakage and high gain of them make it a little harder to bias.

The GT308B is really pretty weak Hfe.  You are going from a Pinto to a Ferrari probably.  LOL...

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

electrip

Russian NKT275?  ???

Would like to see a pic.

electrip