I have a REALLY old Neutron board

Started by reidk1960, January 23, 2015, 06:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reidk1960

I recently found a Neutron board that I purchased years ago (I think it was from Geofex, before the
days of GGG).  It doesn't quite match the layout shown in the Neutron doc on geofex.com.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22078639@N00/16347100375/

For starters, where the heck is C4?   :)

Does anyone (RG???) have a layout doc that corresponds to this board rev?  I can probably figure it out, but I'd rather not have to.

Thanks for any help.

Reid

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

reidk1960

Thanks, RG, I'd appreciate that very much.

Reid

Mark Hammer

This is a bad scan of a photocopy RG sent me long ago.  But it IS the identical layout.  The components aren't labelled by part number, but you should be able to figure out what goes where.  Hope it helps. 

R.G.

Good that you had that, Mark. The oldest actual layout I've found so far is not an exact match to the pattern.

And while we're at that, DOES the copper pattern match? Just looking at it and mentally doing a flip and overlay, it seems like there are some different parts locations versus pads location.

Do you have the copper layout corresponding to that? I haven't found that yet. It's before 2001 and probably in one of the deep backups, but I'm not that far back yet.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

italianguy63

Now, that is service after the sale!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Mark Hammer

Dang it!!    :icon_rolleyes:  I looked at one half of the layout, and it looked exactly like the image posted, but neglected to look at the whole thing.  So it is very similar to the scan posted by Reid, but not identical to it.  Kindly disregard parts placement.

I figured that, since it was a scan of something you had mailed me in paper form, with a bunch of hand-written comments on it, that it must have been the oldest version.  Now I'm thinking that what is posted is somewhere between that version and the 2001 Neutreon PDF document.

But now that I think of it, I do believe you sent some PnP layouts to accompany the drawings.  It'll take a bit to locate them/it since I have a pretty big collection of unused transfers to sift through.  I'll try and locate it, though.  Who knows, there may even be a transfer of the layout in question in amongst the others, too.

reidk1960

Quote from: italianguy63 on January 25, 2015, 01:55:19 PM
Now, that is service after the sale!

MC

It certainly is, and big thanks to RG (and to Mark).

RG, don't knock yourself out over this.  I'm sure I can figure it out, especially given Mark's input.
And if that stops being fun, I'll just buy a current board.  :)

Reid