Another guy with Zombie Chorus issues !! need help !

Started by hudtwalcker, January 25, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hudtwalcker

Hi guys, I'm new here, saw that the last post regarding the Zombie chorus was back in 2010 ?!?!? long way back, well I had this project about done back like 14 years ago and just now I decided to finish it, i revised my work and it all seemed fine, it is based on the 2001 R.G. Keen layout, then I researched and I found there had been an update on that layout in 10/14/01 where he had connected pin 14 to 16 of the U4 (CD4046) well, I fired it up and got this wonderful chorus sound but I also got the famous ticking and some hiss.... :( so.......first things first, the questions,

one: is the R.G. Keen layout verified ?
two: I used TL072 for both opamps instead of TL062, could that be an issue?
three: I couldn't manage to get log pots so I used linear instead, could that be a problem?
four: I've read a lot a bout a de-ticking mod, but can't seem to find a schematic for it
five: I've done the vibrato mode switch mod and it works great.

so in conclusion the build works and it sounds great but the hissing and the ticking are a bit bothersome, I've read a lot about the ticking issues but nothing regarding any hissing....any help would be appreciated, If there is a schematic somewhere that is correct in all its values and I can follow and is trustworthy, please share.

One last question, that R.G.Keen layout, is it supposed to work perfectly right off the bat ?

If someone need more info on what i need to post to receive more help, please let me know, thnx in advance for your patience !!  :icon_mrgreen: