Anyone know this Boss Blues Driver Mod?

Started by steveyraff, January 29, 2015, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

So - I consider myself a relative noob here. I'm now on to my 5th pedal build (but I've built multiples of most of these).

A few friends have asked me to mod their pedals for them - up until now I've been too afraid. I worried about messing their whole pedal up on them. But I now feel I am competent enough at soldering and working with components etc.

So a guy wants me to mod his Boss BD-2 Blues Driver. He found a mod that he wants me to do, but he has little to no info on where it came from or any background info on it. I've found many BD-2 mods online, but I can't seem to find any at all that match this one. So I am wondering if any of you guys here know this mod, seen it before, can vouch for its legitimacy etc? Because if it looks like its unheard of, I'd be tempted to just go for a more recognised BD-2 mod out there!

Here it is:
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

antonis

I'm afraid that you'll have to trace from the original (or a slightly modified) circuit the elements location by their described affection ... :icon_cry:

It should be an excellent way for getting familiar with pedal's stages...
(and a huge pain in the @ss, too...!!!) :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

aion

This is a Monte Allums mod based on the formatting. It would have been accompanied by a photo of the PCB with the letters overlaying the relevant components as a key.

I'm guessing it's the "H20" mod as that's one of his more long-standing mods for the BD2.

Quackzed

yep, i think your right. good eye mate!  ;) looks like it's the first mod at the top of the monty's  'pedal mods' page...
the     'Boss BD-2 Pedal Mod Kit'   where the description ends with...
QuoteWhen used at moderate to loud levels with an amp it is reminiscent of a Vintage Plexi Marshall with smooth round yet biting overdrive.

...rather than the h2o...
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!