dd-5 rehouse - tap tempo issue - HALVED!

Started by jmasciswannabe, January 30, 2015, 08:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmasciswannabe

I've rehoused a dd5 and am not sure if this was an issue before the rehouse or not. When in tap mode, every setting is halved. Quarter tap does eighths, etc...

The DD5 has a pan out and when engaged the manual says it halves the time. I've got both outputs (7 and 5 on the schem) and they both have the same sound at output. I am wondering if one should be grounded or something. I am kind of baffled. Any help appreciated!

Here is the schem:
http://www.cruachan-audio.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/schems/dd5.jpg
....the staircase had one too many steps

slacker

The schematic is a bit confusing, the right out seems to have a connection to the ring of the jack, marked as 3 but this doesn't go anywhere. On other Boss delays this detects that you've plugged that jack in and does something eg: gives you dry on one jack and wet on the other. Is there a wire from the ring to the board? If there is so long as you've connected it the same as it was originally the pedal should work the same.

What sort of switch are you using? it could be that it's generating two taps for each one you make, maybe one when you press and one when you release it, that would explain the problem.

jmasciswannabe

SLACKER - thanks for the response! Unfortunately, don't have it in original form but don't think there was a wire from 3 going to somewhere. (No t3 on the board either.) The switch thing, however, makes sense. I remember reading at diyguitarist that it was a normally open switch, but have since read from a few others it (and other boss pedals) use a normally closed switch. Smallbear time!
....the staircase had one too many steps