News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

BS170 issues

Started by M.Spencer, February 16, 2015, 08:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: davent on February 21, 2015, 03:40:46 PM
I've never seen BS170's in a can, have i missed something?

I did wonder...  The filename of the picture suggests it's a Bazz Fuss.  When newperson said "post some pictures of your work", the OP did exactly that.  :)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

M.Spencer

Quote from: bluebunny on February 22, 2015, 07:09:44 AM

I did wonder...  The filename of the picture suggests it's a Bazz Fuss.  When newperson said "post some pictures of your work", the OP did exactly that.  :)

Yeah, I sometimes err on the side of being literal. ;) That bazz fuss was the last pedal I completed (my fifth). The SHO in question is on my breadboard, and I didn't think folks would care to see my messy playground...Sorry for the confusion.

davent

Quote from: M.Spencer on February 22, 2015, 07:38:21 AM
Quote from: bluebunny on February 22, 2015, 07:09:44 AM

I did wonder...  The filename of the picture suggests it's a Bazz Fuss.  When newperson said "post some pictures of your work", the OP did exactly that.  :)

Yeah, I sometimes err on the side of being literal. ;) That bazz fuss was the last pedal I completed (my fifth). The SHO in question is on my breadboard, and I didn't think folks would care to see my messy playground...Sorry for the confusion.

Okay good, i'm not losing it... easily confused and even more easily on a Saturday.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

M.Spencer

OK, here are the SHOs with the BS170s in question.

Haven't gotten around to testing the circuit with a trimmer in the place of the drain resistor to re-bias the "bad" MOSFETS yet because I've been working on drawing up my first schematic for my first fuzz design....which I will be posting shortly so someone smarter than I can tell me what's what.