Small value cap at switch??

Started by armdnrdy, February 18, 2015, 03:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armdnrdy

I'm currently tracing a phaser circuit and came across something unusual.

The phaser has board mounted footswitches...where the board output meets the switch...there is a 10pf cap connected from the switch to ground.

Is this to prevent switch popping? block RF signals?   ???
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

antonis

Maybe to prevent LED popping...
( a kind of RC delay circuit - although 10p is a quite small value)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

anotherjim

RF protection then, but I suspect it's only a gesture, there's probably nearly as much C as that there anyway.

armdnrdy

Thanks for that Jim!

I've never seen a small value cap on a footswitch before. Always something new to keep us guessing.  :icon_wink:

R.G.

Copy indication. Look up "dord" or "ghost word".

Read "dirty tricks 101" at geofex.

Or simply uninformed voodoo fixes to problems in the protos.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

armdnrdy

Quote from: R.G. on February 18, 2015, 10:35:57 AM

Read "dirty tricks 101" at geofex.

Or simply uninformed voodoo fixes to problems in the protos.

;D

duck_arse

Quote from: R.G. on February 18, 2015, 10:35:57 AM

what we australians (used to) call "street directories" came in 2 forms here, gregory's and UBD. ubd used to include a "fake street" per map. the one for our page could be seen from our house, except it wasn't there. now ubd isn't there.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.