Question on Fullbore MXR pedal.

Started by Thecomedian, February 22, 2015, 01:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thecomedian

http://www.gearnuts.com/images/closeup/xl/1600-FullBoreDist_detail0.jpg

The problem is that when the effect is active, it works as intended. If the stomp switch turns off, it is intended to be "true hardwire" bypass, however while it is in bypass mode, the guitar barely audible at all unless I turn the volume up a lot on the amp. I can bypass the preamp stages and plug into pwr. amp in, and then the volume control on the pedal dictates whether I can hear the guitar or not when the switch is in bypass mode. This would imply that the signal still goes through the volume knob when bypassed, and the sound of it is incredibly weak. Pulling the entire pedal out of the chain, the guitar is much louder. Would it work to actually bypass the volume pot on the pedal as well? Is there any reason the pedal would require the signal to still run through the volume control (not gain) of the pedal in order to keep it from producing spurious noise or something?

The alternative would be using a loop to be able to cut it in or out completely, but then the stomp switch seems a bit superfluous to me.
If I can solve the problem for someone else, I've learned valuable skill and information that pays me back for helping someone else.