Scrap PCB/copper clad trimmings... what do you do with it?

Started by J0K3RX, February 28, 2015, 12:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0K3RX

For some weird reason my OCD won't allow me to throw away the little pieces of PCB that are left over when making/etching boards... So.. now after some years I have accumulated a large amount of useless scrap copper clad, probably over 50 lbs of the sh!t :icon_eek: I need to either find a good use for it or the scrapper guy that comes by and asks for scrap metal is gonna get a big donation soon. 

Now, I was able to make quite a few terminal strips very similar to these using scrap but I think I have enough now...

I am hoping that some of the creative resourceful minded may have found some other uses for this junk and might be willing to share?
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

mremic01

That's pretty resourceful. I just use my trimming to mix JB Weld before I throw them out. I have a few cut to different heights for drawing lines on the sides of enclosures where jacks will go, but most of them are just scrap.
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.

deafbutpicky

I'm with you... and we both know time will tell when they get useful again ;)
I've got some definite spare room for those cases and if it's full the rest bites the dust.
Sorry for not being helpful but at least I'm not alone with this  ::)

Good idea btw.

Tony Forestiere

...little pieces of PCB that are left over... You have scraps?  ;)
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

J0K3RX

I guess I could try to make my wife a couple sets of abstract shaped ear rings... lmao.. She deserves the best!  :icon_wink:
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

tubegeek

"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

peterg

Quote from: J0K3RX on February 28, 2015, 04:11:40 PM
I guess I could try to make my wife a couple sets of abstract shaped ear rings... lmao.. She deserves the best!  :icon_wink:

Aw. So thoughtful!

duck_arse

old thread, yes. for those of an Australian persuasion, there is this, from (the totally unaffiliated) Jaycar:

https://www.jaycar.com.au/ultimate-breadboard-disc-pack-20-x-3mm-10-x-5mm/p/HP9564
https://www.jaycar.com.au/ultimate-breadboard-disc-pack-40-x-3mm-20-x-5mm/p/HP9565

they even have a dill DIL adaptor. seems one thing to do with board scrap is to sell it.

[edit :] it's me that's the dill.
don't make me draw another line.