help! with powering up my effect

Started by LightSoundGeometry, March 08, 2015, 01:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

if you need a cap to replace the orange drop, let me know. I might have something a bit bigger.

I'm disappointed that all the early pics have gone. I wanted blood and guts, all I get is expert soldered vero! if you use pre-tinned vero, the silver, you'll find the solder will take much better, and you don't then have to bother with steel-wooling before soldering. it will saty good after grubby fingers, too.

the point to point you might be thinking of tagboard. that's a row of lugs along each side. then there's tagstrip (I think, it came up recently), with a single short row of lugs, and extended mounting feet lugs. then there's the blank board some use, mark out where the parts go, drill a hole and stick in a turret. (the local 'boss' of that hasn't been around for a while.)

and for an early '90s vintage 741, I wouldn't bother with a socket, just solder it in. less to worry about then.
don't make me draw another line.

vigilante397

Quote from: duck_arse on March 11, 2015, 09:58:30 AM
if you need a cap to replace the orange drop, let me know. I might have something a bit bigger.

You made me laugh out loud in the middle of my chemistry class :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

LightSoundGeometry

:icon_lol: that was my last range drop lol

I couldnt get it to work. I can p2p the buffer but soon as I try to vero it, it stops working. t

duck_arse

QuoteYou made me laugh out loud in the middle of my chemistry class

.... something you'd like to share with the rest of the class, Mister vigilante?

LSG - if you have a soldered vero, you only need to show us yr asst measured volts, there should only be three of them.

I have some 820nf orange drops here waiting for you, but the real big ones are philips '341' and '357' polycarbonates. 470nf each, so you'll need both, and a bigger box, possibly a bigger room.
don't make me draw another line.

deadastronaut

Quote from: duck_arse on March 11, 2015, 09:58:30 AM

:D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//