Parallel Looper w Boost ???

Started by vbrans, March 13, 2015, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbrans

I am trying to combine a simple blender circuit with a boost (LPB1). Can someone tell me if this layout will work? Any advice would be appreciated as I am pretty new to this. Hopefully you can view my picture (I'm new to posting images on forums too). :icon_redface:

GibsonGM

Trouble is, we can't see the schematic.  So, to know if this would work, we have to guess and spend a lot of time trying to trace the Vero.    LPB has 1 transistor; I see 3....see what I mean?

If you can post a schematic for what you want to do, we'll tell you if it will work or not.  I guarantee you, you CAN blend circuits, and add boost, too...you just need to better explain what you want to boost....both blended signals, or just one of them?

Clarify your design problem, and we'll work you thru it :)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

MrStab

As Mike said, it's pretty hard to figure out from the vero. I used to post veros and ask people to verify em, so i'm no saint!

I didn't get too far into figuring out the layout, but i noticed a potential error at the very start: the input goes through C1, then off to "Send", entirely passive. Was that intentional? I just wouldn't expect the Send signal to go through the cap deliberately.

Are the three transistors from three separate LPB-1's? or are some of them used as buffers? that's another thing: you'll probably wanna consider impedance - at the very least through the clean path - if you haven't already. High-impedance & blending might cause problems.

Biased suggestion: go with opamps. less hassle to get a good result (imo). but there are arguments against them, such as board space.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

duck_arse

I would 'Open "Properties" to modify layout', post haste, whatever that circuit is meant to be/do. only a quick look shows Q1 and Q2 have their C's shorted together, and their E's shorted together, one leg of C2 goes nowhere at all.
don't make me draw another line.

blackieNYC

I would really drop the FETs for opamps, and build the ROG splitter blender http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html
Or just an op amp mixer if you don't need the splitter. http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_mixer_sc.pdf
and put your favorite boost afterwords, or use a stompswitch to change the feedback loop in the last op amp of the ggg mixer to a pot or internal trimpot, so you can stomp in a boost.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

vbrans

Quote from: MrStab on March 14, 2015, 01:58:07 AM
As Mike said, it's pretty hard to figure out from the vero. I used to post veros and ask people to verify em, so i'm no saint!

I didn't get too far into figuring out the layout, but i noticed a potential error at the very start: the input goes through C1, then off to "Send", entirely passive. Was that intentional? I just wouldn't expect the Send signal to go through the cap deliberately.

Are the three transistors from three separate LPB-1's? or are some of them used as buffers? that's another thing: you'll probably wanna consider impedance - at the very least through the clean path - if you haven't already. High-impedance & blending might cause problems.

Biased suggestion: go with opamps. less hassle to get a good result (imo). but there are arguments against them, such as board space.
The first two are from the split n' blend circuit from GuitarFX Layouts. I am attempting to add an LPB-1 to make up for the volume loss. Maybe I'll just try the runoff groove circuit. Thanks.

GibsonGM

Keep going, VB....you're defining a problem you have and just need to get enough clarity to be able to get to the solution.  Most often, that's the hardest part! 

What loss?   If you look at the "splitter blend" recommended, you probably won't see much loss at all.  It's well-buffered, and your FX gain will be adjustable as usual.   Like they said (and like you went to innately), you can add 'recovery' after the loop, if you need it.  If.

Welcome to the world of "design problems"...sometimes you have to build the 'known' circuit (splitter blend) to know if you need to do more downstream.   I often go trying to figure out a problem that others have already solved - if you're lucky, this is already a solution, ha ha....let us know if it works out! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...