How much power does the Little Angel draw

Started by Skruffyhound, March 18, 2015, 08:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skruffyhound

Hi guys, I'm on my way to Thailand and I'm taking a Martin backpacker travel guitar with me. I'm all acoustic these days but this "guitar" plays so much like a kind of electric banjo I've been inspired amp it up. I'm cannibalizing one of these

and making a quick Ruby amp and I was wondering about the Little Angel.

I only have tops two nights to build it so if power consumption is excessive I'll drop the chorus.

Another detail, - does anyone have a good schem for taking a headphone line off a Ruby?

Thanks for taking the time.

Oh and where's a good one knob fuzz at - might just have time for that too.

- Aston   

Skruffyhound

Amazing how fast this is moving down the front page. Bump

slacker

Don't know about the Little Angel specifically but PT2399s are around 25-50ma depending on delay time, shorter time higher current draw.
Here's a scheme for a headphone out http://runoffgroove.com/phones.png if you haven't got a switched jack add a switch to disconnect the speaker instead.

One knob fuzz just build a fuzzface without the fuzz knob.

MrStab

Probably not too accurate, but you could use similar circuits - such as the Small Time Delay, with one dual op-amp and one PT2399 ( http://valvewizard.co.uk/smalltime.html ) - and the relevant datasheets to work out a rough approximation.

The Small Time uses 22mA. PT2399 circuits seem to be a bit on the high side of things for battery work, at least.

hope that's some help!
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

Skruffyhound

Thanks Ian, I haven't been keeping up to date with where stuff is and now I'm too rushed to do the research. Appreciate the link.

Good idea Grant, I'm still hoping Rick will pop by and tell me the precise current draw, but in the meantime ....

I believe I can live with 20 - 50 milliamps (if I make it so it's power is switched off when not being used with the other effects). I have several delays for example that are up around 400 mA and that would be a problem. I have a pretty big Eddystone box to put it in so perhaps I'll use 3 nine volt batteries in parallel.

Other suggestions for fuzz are welcome and a link to the best iteration of the Little Angel perf layout/schematic very welcome. That's a long thread. :)

Cozybuilder

You might consider the "Little Angel Chorus - NYE"; Jack Orman tweaked the design
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Skruffyhound

Skruffyhound