CadSoft EAGLE help needed!

Started by carboncomp, March 18, 2015, 03:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carboncomp

Hello!

Dose anyone happen to have Eagle files for a 1590B Style 3PDT and Jacks board, so I can just add my schismatic to it?

Like this, but with just the switch and jacks part of the circuit with the board dimensions to fit the 1590B

JFace

I use these:

http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/tools/software/eagle/eagle-2-libraries/

I typically need to change the pad size to suit my tastes. You should check the drill size with the parts you have. It's a good start, though.

aion

Check out Madbean's library - you have to register for his forum but then it's available as a download in the Eagle Resources subform. It's based off of the gaussmarkov libraries. I wouldn't recommend using the GM libraries for anything since the pads are microscopic and a few of the components have incorrect pinouts based on my experience. Bean's is better in every way.

I'd recommend making it yourself - it's very easy and you'll have a better understanding of the process. Bean also has library components for enclosures, so you can set down an enclosure outline and draw your PCB to fit inside it.

You'll have to create a blank schematic and add the starting parts there (jacks, 3pdt, and pads), then arrange them on the board, and then save that as your blank project. If you create the board first, it's extremely difficult to go back and create the schematic retroactively.

That said: for a lot of reasons I don't think it's a good idea to do these all-in-one PCBs. You're heavily reliant on drill positions being 100% accurate if you want to make more than one of a PCB. The 3PDT stomp has to be screwed in at exactly the right height to match the vertical drill positions of the jacks, and if you integrate the DC jack then there's one more thing that needs to be aligned. Even then, you'll want to solder everything in place inside the enclosure: screw in the stomp switch, pots, and jacks, then drop the populated PCB over the top and solder everything in place. And you won't want to move it to another enclosure because it's now been custom-fit for that enclosure's exact drill positions, and slight changes in positioning in any of the dimensions will cause stress on the joints which can lead to failures down the road. Too much can go wrong. It's a tactic used by cheap mass-producers to cut down on assembly time, but not something that's good for those of us who want their stuff to last.

EHX does this, but they cast their enclosures including all the holes, so they're perfectly aligned every time.

Some great reading here, as well as input from people smarter than me:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108915.msg994395

287m

hey man, if you look for example onboard all part
check for wordpress site italian guy, soundwavedesign.wordpress.com he have very good example for onboard part, specially 1590B-ish

if you want to example drill onboard, check http://www.guitar-gear.ru/ project. the site have example drill measure

hope help you

the plus for onboard part is less wiring but the minus is too much drill
but if you like CUT-ish your enclosure, your'e the onboard-ish man
hahaha

sorry for my bad english