Utility splitter, help me visualize

Started by Luke51411, March 20, 2015, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Ok so I know I need a buffered splitter but beyond that I'm not sure what I need. So here is what I want. I want to put the splitter before my ditto looper which is end of chain. I want what is coming from the looper to go to one amp and I want to be able to kill the live signal to the looper so I'm only getting recorded signal to that amp if I choose. The split will be sending the live signal to the other amp but that should have a kill switch too so I can just have the loop and live going to a single amp if I choose. I don't know if I need volume or blend from the splitter as I could control that on the amp but it might be nice.

This feature is lower on the priority list but I have an old rhythm maker drum machine type thing I thought might be fun to patch in. I guess I could just put an AB at the front of this circuit to switch in guitar or drums to be looped.
Is what I'm thinking too convoluted? I'm sure there is a relatively simple way to accomplish what I'm after, I just want to fully visualize it before I start.

blearyeyes

Couldn't you just hook up an a/b switch with one out going to your ditto into amp A and the second out going to your live amp B?
What you're talking about with havin the ditto and live coming out of one amp, isn't that what you have when you are just using the ditto anyway?

Luke51411

I think I just sorted it more or less with a dual effects blend I have built. The live and looped is the same as just going straight to the looper I just wanted an option to kill the live to the looper so live was just going to amp B that could easily be accomplished with a simple bypass foot switch I think.