Large Jewel LED Lenses?

Started by steveyraff, March 21, 2015, 11:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

Hate asking questions about subjects that may have already been covered here, but I did a search and couldn't really find much info on this.

I'm not even sure WHAT to search for to find these items to buy. Maybe someone with a bit more experience can help me out here?

I was interested in building a pedal sometime with one of those really large LED's, or maybe its a regular LED with a large lens? I'm not sure how this works. I've seen them a few times but not often - it's more like the type of light you'd typically find on an amplifier. The lens dome is sort of angular like a jewel - if that makes sense?

Any info on this would be great - ie what its even called, size of bezel, lens, LED used etc. Just thought it'd be a cool looking feature of a pedal build sometime as something a little different looking.

Cheers,
Stevey.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

steveyraff

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

armdnrdy

The auction states: Ships worldwide...I think that the U.K. is located within those boundaries.  :icon_wink:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

steveyraff

Quote from: armdnrdy on March 21, 2015, 12:08:27 PM
The auction states: Ships worldwide...I think that the U.K. is located within those boundaries.  :icon_wink:

Lol well aware of what it says - I just rarely buy from Hong Kong bases dispensers - it takes forever. Hopefully I can find a UK based one that might be handier. If not, I'll just go with the one you kindly linked me to anyways.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

italianguy63

Quote from: steveyraff on March 21, 2015, 12:10:54 PM
I just rarely buy from Hong Kong bases dispensers - it takes forever.

Ha!  Patience is a virtue Steve.   :icon_cool:

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

steveyraff

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 21, 2015, 12:16:38 PM
Quote from: steveyraff on March 21, 2015, 12:10:54 PM
I just rarely buy from Hong Kong bases dispensers - it takes forever.

Ha!  Patience is a virtue Steve.   :icon_cool:

MC

I'm like a child when it comes to getting pedals finished sometimes.... Very impatient! Sometimes I just have to wait anyway!

Funnily enough, the only euro ones I see are from Italy. Might go for it instead.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

bluebunny

If you just want chunky LEDs, Steve, and not necessarily the jewels, then Rapid have a bunch of 10mm and 20mm specimens.  And Bitsbox and Tayda too.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

PRR

Alternatively, get a "pilot light" assembly from a DIY Fender amp supplier, tack an LED where the lamp was supposed to go. I've retrofitted LEDs to vintage amps this way, and the effect is OK if the LED beam is broad.
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Quote from: PRR on March 23, 2015, 07:08:42 PM
Alternatively, get a "pilot light" assembly from a DIY Fender amp supplier, tack an LED where the lamp was supposed to go. I've retrofitted LEDs to vintage amps this way, and the effect is OK if the LED beam is broad.

My Peavey's actually come this way from the factory.  There is an LED on the main PCB on right angle legs that shoots out through the jewel on the case...

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad