1m linear pot substitute ?

Started by LightSoundGeometry, March 22, 2015, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozybuilder

The top color looks right for a 22nF tropical fish
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

armdnrdy

I don't see any stripes. All I see is the white jumper wire that crosses at the bottom.

Can we get a hi res side shot of this capacitor please?...that way I'll be able to sleep tonight!  :icon_lol:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Saint Louis Toneworks

hey thanks you guys appreciate the kind words. I wouldn't of never gotten this far without this forum. I am still breadboarding this and trying to understand the signal flow. I hope the college accepts me next fall in the electrical program ..I have a79.9 % in prerequisite physics though but my teachers knows I am working hard and will probably give me the B unless I bomb the finals but we aren't doing a whole lot of math, mostly concepts and small lab experiments. 

I never thought of that! thats a great idea about opening up the hole and moving the pot!! brilliant :)

Saint Louis Toneworks

it was the bottom right corner a .022 so its almost all dark maroon and pretty small.  it has one white strip on bottom

after looking and looking, I am thinking the breadboard looks more like a PCB layout than the vero one. I am going to breadboard it again and start changing parts around see what happens

duck_arse

I hadda go at translating the red llama into the cascaded fetzers tonight, from that other thread. (proof I've got no idea what I'm doing, if any was needed.) my idea was to use the 4069 as both the bypass flip/flop (for buffer & fet switches), as seen in another other thread, and as similarly gained-up fet replacements.

and it works, I think, to a point. now all I need is someone who can ear-tune these things for correct values/some usable sound, and I'll have a something. I've even got the punning name sorted. anyone brave enough to volunteer?

and nice looking box, SLT. what are you going to fill all that empty space with?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.