Brian wampler ,how to build your own effects pedals.

Started by Rimustrat1, March 23, 2015, 05:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimustrat1

Hi, I searched a simple "how to build your own effects pedals" and came across a review of a book of the same title.Anyone know where I can get a copy of this,publisher? The reviewers comments convinced me I'm the right customer for this beginners guide. Anyone come across it ? Thoughts ?

Rimustrat1

Lol, I should have had a closer look down the page low and behold there is the very review I saw.Very informative except for where/how to get a copy.

aron

smallbearelec

I used to stock Brian's books, and they were pretty popular. He stopped selling them, I think, when his pedal business became too successful. I have learned enough over the past 10-15 years to write such a book, but my business, also, mushroomed to the point where I have to choose which of many projects to undertake. High-quality problems...Life is sometimes like that. As Aron notes, the information you want is all on-line, just not necessarily organized as a book. Here is a link to get you started:

http://diy.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/BeginnerArticle/BeginnerDos.htm

Welcome, and Happy Construction!

J0K3RX

I have one Wampler book "Advanced DIY Effects Pedals - How to Design, Customize and Build Effects Pedals / Intermediate - Advanced Level"

Love it! Covers a lot of ground, goes through a lot of his pedal designs and gives you an idea of how he goes about modifying and creating different circuits... Really opens up your mind to trying different things and going for your own designs rather than just cloning stuff over and over again... At least that is what I got from it..

He mentioned in another forum that he was coming out with a new book soon.. but, that was in 2014 so, not sure if or when it will be released?
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

LightSoundGeometry

I would buy one. Love how the industry helps others and shares; and the whole point is not to clone, just like my guitar playing, I learn from the master first, then add my own experimentation until you grab something of your own and turn it into your own art and creativity. 

wampcat1

Yes, I'm slowly updating it a little at a time, as I get a few free minutes. There should be old versions online somewhere, maybe at FSB or something.

LightSoundGeometry

very cool! Love the podcast Brian :)  I watch each episode.

I will definitely buy the book! I am in my 1st year of physics right now..we barely touch electricity but a lot of the principles apply and are helping me.

I love my wampler faux tape echo. gives me a great reverb type tone and can get some pink floyd out of it to !! I personally only use 4-5 effects and a Wampler pedal is one of them.

wampcat1

Quote from: LightSoundGeometry on March 25, 2015, 04:31:50 PM
very cool! Love the podcast Brian :)  I watch each episode.

I will definitely buy the book! I am in my 1st year of physics right now..we barely touch electricity but a lot of the principles apply and are helping me.

I love my wampler faux tape echo. gives me a great reverb type tone and can get some pink floyd out of it to !! I personally only use 4-5 effects and a Wampler pedal is one of them.

Thanks, glad you like them :)

idelax

Quote from: wampcat1 on March 25, 2015, 02:31:58 PM
Yes, I'm slowly updating it a little at a time, as I get a few free minutes. There should be old versions online somewhere, maybe at FSB or something.

Anyone know if the updated version already came out and how can I get it electronically?

Regards from Jalisco, México

wampcat1

Quote from: idelax on October 26, 2017, 06:20:15 AM
Quote from: wampcat1 on March 25, 2015, 02:31:58 PM

Anyone know if the updated version already came out and how can I get it electronically?

Regards from Jalisco, México

Not yet, still trying to redraw all the schematics

Mark Hammer

Take a break from releasing all those new pedals, Brian, and making all those videos, and you'll get it done.
;) :icon_lol:

Regards,
Mark

Ice-9

Quote from: Mark Hammer on October 26, 2017, 12:36:03 PM
Take a break from releasing all those new pedals, Brian, and making all those videos, and you'll get it done.
;) :icon_lol:

Regards,
Mark

Yeah ! , but only after an in depth video showing the Roland UV LEF in action please Brian.   :icon_wink: 8)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Electron Tornado

• SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

wampcat1