So will this work?

Started by btschock, March 27, 2015, 03:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btschock

here is what I did

And Here is the schematic

Hey can you tell me if I wired this up point to point right? Green is 9v, Black is ground, Blue is input, and Yellow is output.
Looked at the schematic and tried to add the first resistor and the diode just wondering if it is ok to plug in...lol.
I might have the diode in backwards the silver line is towards ground.
And pins 1 5 and 8 are empty. Pins 2 and 6 are connected underneath.
Mostly just wondering about the diode And the resistor a the the beginning.

Also if anyone could tell me where I would put a potentiometer to turn the amount of buffering up or down that would help a ton.

bluebunny

Looks OK to me, except for that diode.  It will short the battery, which will get warm as it dies.  Not sure what you mean by "amount of buffering"?  If you mean you want your buffer to have gain (then it's no longer a buffer) then fit a pot between 2 and 6.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

btschock

Blue Bunny,  so how would I wire the diode in then it looked right on the schematic?  I was thinking just something to tune the buffer down from full not up or gain.  If that helps at all

~arph

You reverse it. The silver band side of the diode must connect to 9V
It will work as long as you did not overheat the IC while soldering,

btschock

That is exactly what I needed thanks. also what would the step to wire in the pot be?  I've got 2 to 6 jumpered and then i have the out put of 6 going in to a pot lug on 2 and now output on lug 3 going into the electrolytic cap.  would this be correct or do I need the pot wired between 2 and 6 and outputting to the cap connected on 6?

btschock

we're good on the overheating seems to still be working but still not sure on the pot placement.

induction

Quote from: btschock on March 27, 2015, 05:29:15 AM
That is exactly what I needed thanks. also what would the step to wire in the pot be?  I've got 2 to 6 jumpered and then i have the out put of 6 going in to a pot lug on 2 and now output on lug 3 going into the electrolytic cap.  would this be correct or do I need the pot wired between 2 and 6 and outputting to the cap connected on 6?

If you don't want gain, then a simple output volume control will do: output from the op-amp (pin 6) to the positive leg of the output cap (C2) output from the cap (C2 negative leg) to volume pot lug 3, lug 2 as new circuit output, lug 1 to ground.

I'm not sure why you want to attenuate your buffer, though. I guess it depends on what you're using it for.

btschock

And So it works thanks to everyone for your help.  it was not only for the buffer.  It was just one part of a much larger circuit. 
here is a pic.

antonis

You've ruined your "style" by using green heat shrink tube on red cable...  :icon_cry:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

btschock

Lol. Green heat shrink.  Well.  If that ruins the style (cough cough troll) whatevs.  It works!!! And I didn't have any more small red heat shrink :icon_redface:.  It's gonna go in a box soon enough anywhozel, with muchos styles.  So as long as it's working.  Lol.  Green heat shrink ruining the style...lol. Thanks for that.  :D

btschock

I guess if I had been thinking I could have used all black heat shrink. So good point Antonis that will keep me thinking 'bout colors the next build.

duck_arse

well, it gets my vote for "build of the month", as is.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

armdnrdy

"So will this work?" 

Uhhh....yes...but....so will this.

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

digi2t

The enclosure for this is going to be epic.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

btschock

Well I guess like a mule car you gotta use what you have then...lol

btschock

Quick update from the build.  I am gonna add an amz stupidly wonderful 3 tone circut to the output of this, and replace a few of the pots with different values and add a gain control in.  So if you want to see the sound demo you'll want to watch this post it may be a week or two before I get it up here. Boxing this up won't be till after I try it out with a few different caps and transistors.  Already added in a diode switch for.germanium and bat41.  I think I am gonna add a resistor and a transistor Switch in also.  So gonna need a big box like a 1590f or something bigger...lol.

btschock

So I decided I really like the idea of the mule car for this so that is what I am calling it.  So thanks for the idea armdnrdy. Here is a gut shot and the top.  Still need to get some knobs. Filming the demo now.  Thanks everyone for your help. Yeah Build number two done.

Guts

Bam The "Mule Car"

btschock

And Yes It Is A Tuna Can...lol.  But I Have The Top so it is fully enclosed and little interference gets through.  Mule Car is a perfect name.

antonis

I completely agree with you about how disgusting are all kinds of boards (Vero, Perf, Strip, e.t.c.)  :icon_mad:

P.S.
You'd better use "naked" cables (without insulation) with proper spacers between them... :icon_wink:
(with heat gun glue it shoud seem more artistic work..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..