Main Menu

Ts808 Help!

Started by Phried_Bananas, March 28, 2015, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phried_Bananas

Quote from: Ice-9 on April 01, 2015, 11:10:51 AM
Quote from: Phried_Bananas on March 30, 2015, 06:51:07 PM
Quote from: bloxstompboxes on March 30, 2015, 04:55:15 PM
It looks like you definitely have some issues with your stompswitch wiring. Looks like you have some frayed ends touching other switch terminals. Better snip the extra off. Also, the pots, particularly the middle one, might be touching the back of the board and causing a short. Hard to tell from that picture.
Thanks, but none of the wires on the switch are touching. I can definitely see why you might think so from the picture, but what looks like a frayed end is the jumper wire from 5 to 9. The pot also has a good quarter inch of clearance above the back of the board. Thanks tho, good lookin out!

Both items mentioned look like valid points to me, I would re-wire the switch and check the underside of the pot isn't shorting on the PCB. From the voltage readings I would expect a bad op amp as well.

Thanks, but none of the wires on the switch are touching. I can definitely see why you might think so from the picture, but I have double and triple checked and nothing is making contact where it shouldn't. For now I think I am going to leave it how it is, but I will know where to start if it still doesn't work when I get the new op amp in. The pot also has a good quarter to half inch of clearance above the back of the board. Thanks tho, good lookin out!

I ordered the new op amp (ended up going with an RC4558P instead of the jrc) a few days ago, and it actually shipped today so I will post an update when it arrives and I get it installed.

Thanks again so much to everyone who posted in this thread, I was extremely frustrated for days with this pedal and after posting here I had a plausible solution within a few minutes.

Have a good day!

Phried_Bananas

Quick update: got the new op amp in today, and it works!!!! I couldn't be happier!! Thanks everyone for your help, I can't stress enough how great it was to be able to consult people who actually know what they are talking about, even though the problem turned out to just be a simple mistake. I'll be around these boards for sure, and hopefully at some point in the future i'll be able to assist others in the same way you guys have helped me out.

Ice-9

Quote from: Phried_Bananas on April 03, 2015, 11:55:09 PM
Quick update: got the new op amp in today, and it works!!!! I couldn't be happier!! Thanks everyone for your help, I can't stress enough how great it was to be able to consult people who actually know what they are talking about, even though the problem turned out to just be a simple mistake. I'll be around these boards for sure, and hopefully at some point in the future i'll be able to assist others in the same way you guys have helped me out.

glad you got it sorted Bananas, Great people here so keep on visiting. :)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.