Started by Cozybuilder, April 03, 2015, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

bluebunny

Quote from: Luke51411 on June 24, 2015, 05:02:16 PM
Mad in the best way possible

+1 to this too.  Who wants to be "normal"?  (Whatever that is...)   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Cozybuilder

Normal- isn't that a synonym to bland? Gawd! Its like when they were handing out brains, and some thought they said pains, no thanks.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

tubegeek

Quote from: Cozybuilder on June 24, 2015, 11:02:34 AMTake a little time with the dremel and JB Weld and you can make it look better than I did.

Oh I very much doubt that.

Slick!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

deadastronaut

your 1 crazy dude russ...very cool. looks the nuts 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Cozybuilder

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Theres another thats getting close.

Cozybuilder

Heres another Wedgie. This one started life as a $14.99 OverDirve kit (delivered). The circuit is based on the Boss OD-3. After quite a few component swaps, 3 Keeley mods, and hacking up their box, here is the result:

From this:

italianguy63

That is just so LOW BUDGET awesome...

Amazing Russ!

Looks great!  Wedgies rule...   ;D 8)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Luke51411

You spelled dirve wrong  ;D another slick build!

davent

Nicely done Russ! Checkerboard must have been a pain to mask off. No, wait a sec, your patience knows no bounds... you're just getting warmed up!
Take care!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

bluebunny

Quote from: Luke51411 on July 06, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
You spelled dirve wrong  ;D another slick build!

Ha ha!  Both my thoughts exactly.   :D
  • SUPPORTER

Denio

Wow!Looks insane!Appreciate all your effort!I think I'd like to see this on a 1590bb sometime!  :D ;D

Cozybuilder

Thanks for the comments. Yes, checkerboard is a PITA, in this case I sprayed the white field first (½" tall), clearcoated, then taped over it, used an X-acto to cut ¼" lines starting at the center, and removed tape where the black squares would be. Overall I'm pleased, but there are spots where it could be better.

I  would like to see a 1590BB wedgie too! Maybe an Abductor II ?

duck_arse

nice knobs/nasty allen screws. this looks like a good quality colorsound box. and only 3 re-sands, you say?

mad, I tells ya.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Cozybuilder

3 break-throughs requiring touch-up of the graphic- wish I had the talent so many here do.

Luke51411

Quote from: Cozybuilder on July 07, 2015, 09:53:07 AM
3 break-throughs requiring touch-up of the graphic- wish I had the talent so many here do.
Well you certainly have plenty of talent and any perceived lack thereof you make up for in patience which is talent in itself. So jealous of most of your builds, maybe one of these days I'll graduate from the standard hammond/waterslide decal finish... doubt it will look half as good as most of the builds here though.

bluebunny

Quote from: Cozybuilder on July 07, 2015, 07:53:41 AM
Yes, checkerboard is a PITA, in this case I sprayed the white field first (½" tall), clearcoated, then taped over it, used an X-acto to cut ¼" lines starting at the center, and removed tape where the black squares would be.

I'm disappointed.  I thought they would be real tiles.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER

Cozybuilder

Tooth veneers- urban and deep south.

davent

Russ to prevent paint bleeding under the mask, clearcoat or paint again with the hidden colour (white) after masking, that should seal the edges of the mask and stop the bleeding under of the contrasting, next colour. Also burnish the mask, i put a piece of clean paper over the mask then rub down with the back of a wooden spoon.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg