Help find an old ICs datasheet or equivalent.

Started by Brisance, April 05, 2015, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisance

Any help appreciated. from function it seems it is something like a decade counter from tghe 70's

~arph

Brisance

It's from an eminent 310's drum synth, I extracted the page from a pdf I found online( the picture in the OP is the one I made from the paper version ) Here: http://www.filedropper.com/schem

Basically I want to understand it's drum sequencing and hack it so I can access it externally so I can build a manual trigger and a midi input for it.

anotherjim

It could be an 8bit mask programmed ROM or EPROM - even a fusible link type. It's an early type chip whatever, given the 15v supply (and is it -15v?). The 8 left facing wires to a resistor network could form a DAC. A lot of early drum machines used 8bit wave-tables like that.

Brisance

Thanks! The main question however is, how does it handle it's outputs, does it just pull them down? is it an open collector(which I would prefer, easiest to hack probably)

Digital Larry

The inputs from the left hand side say "rhythm selector" and so I vote for this thing being a ROM pattern generator which goes off and triggers the various drum sound sub circuits in accordance with some guy in a lab coat's concept of "groove".  Boom chicka chicka.

I think it probably has totem pole outputs.  But it's just a guess.  I don't see pull up resistors in some of the drums sound subsections, and there are series diodes in some of those trigger lines, which would tend to indicate "only conduct when input is pulled down".
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

Brisance

Update, I opened it up and took a nice picture, the good news being, that it's in a socket, so hacking will be simpler and leaves me the possibility to switch between the original chip and whatever I connect it to( series of switches to trigger sounds manually mostly and hopefully a MCU powered MIDI input. )

Here it is in its glory, surrounded by tropical fish and carbon comp.

~arph

Cool, like the borg..  I don't see any carbon comp though.. ;D

Brisance

arent those oldschool looking resistors carbon comp? maybe not then

Ice-9

Quote from: Brisance on April 21, 2015, 04:29:38 AM
arent those oldschool looking resistors carbon comp? maybe not then

Carbon film resistors
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.