My first Vero Layout. Is all right?

Started by intergalatico, June 02, 2015, 01:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intergalatico

THX!

How can I test if the Q1 is working?

Cozybuilder

Again, please post clear photos of your build, front and back, so we can help you.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

pinkjimiphoton

looks to me like q1 is reverse beta'd.  q1 e should be about the same voltage as q2 base, and you should be getting more like 7or 8 volts on the collector of q1.

try turning q1 180 degrees and see if it works then.

but to me, it looks like you have the pnp backwards, looking at the schematic. any possibility you confused the pinout there?
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

intergalatico

I hope this can help! I changed somethings from the first layout but is basically the same.

Thank you!

intergalatico

I'm not at home but I will try to flip the transistor tomorrow.

Thank you!

Cozybuilder

Thank you.

I see a few places where the solder joint is questionable, and other places where it looks like there could be bridges. The copper surface is tarnished, did you scuff it before using? Several folks on this board have given tips to working with Vero, I would suggest searching them as a good place to start. Look at photos of some of the vero based builds (hey Pink Jimi- got some photos?) to see what good solder joints should look like. I think the root of the problem in this build is poor solder joints.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

intergalatico

Thank you Cozybuilder and punkjimiphoton!

I flipped the Q1 and had no better results. I agree with Cozybuilder there is a couple of bad solders and I didn't prepared my veroboard before. After his message I checkt everything, redid some solders and still the same.

On the next couple of weeks I don't have too much time to dedicate to this project so I decided to take a break until I have more spare time. Then I will take all the components out of the vero, try in a breadboard to see if I get it working that way. Then I will take the next step and put it in a properly prepared veroboard (I didn't know that I had to do that. Thx, Cozybuilder) and really give more attention to my solder work.

I really appreciate your help guys, is a really great community here. Thank you!

I will post again as soon I come back to this project.

Take care!

Cheers