PEE EIGHT Octave Fuzz (only 4 parts) (SOUNDSAMPLES ADDED!)

Started by FUZZZZzzzz, April 13, 2015, 05:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUZZZZzzzz

I dont know, but it works very well (tried it on my EKO 700 and Stratocaster) Humbucker types seem a bit more pronounced, but it works like a charm nonetheless. Very greenringeresque.
I also used a lpb1 in front to push it a little more ( i dont think its unity by itself)

UPDATE: SOUNDSAMPLES HERE: https://soundcloud.com/fuzzzzzzzz
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Elijah-Baley

«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

FUZZZZzzzz

Elijah-Baley

Thank you! ;)
About the IC, an LM567 will be ok?
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

FUZZZZzzzz

I have both LM567 / NE567 and KA567 in my possession. I will test this tonight. I use the 567 a lot. All three types will probably work.

Cozybuilder

The data sheet for both NE567 and LM567 show supply voltage range of 4.75 - 9V, with nominal 5V.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

FUZZZZzzzz

I know. I must admit I've been using a battery (about 8,1 Volt) . It probably would be a good thing to bring it down a little for powersupply usage. Thanks for your input!

http://www.datasheets.pl/integrated_circuits/K/KA/KA567.pdf

Quote from: Cozybuilder on April 13, 2015, 08:43:41 AM
The data sheet for both NE567 and LM567 show supply voltage range of 4.75 - 9V, with nominal 5V.

radio

google lm567 hemmo ,you ll find some similar ideas.
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

FUZZZZzzzz

those ones you mention are mostly noiseboxes and the ringmod stuff has the '567' noise issue. This is a relatively simple 'clean' octave up (not extremely dirty and noisy). I know I'm probably reinventing something, but this forum is about sharing, right? ;) I will post some samples asap. (BTW. night time for me, Is probably not night time for most of you guys ;)) Im in the +1 Greenwich zone :)

Quote from: radio on April 13, 2015, 09:09:04 AM
google lm567 hemmo ,you ll find some similar ideas.

radio

I will try it asap I like octups and have most of them :)
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

radio

>:(  On no more LM567 at home,have to wait til I get them from ebay.
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

FUZZZZzzzz

patience, my young padawan..

https://soundcloud.com/fuzzzzzzzz

(hope this works, just some short impressions recorded directly into logic)

radio

:D Cool!  Sound a bit synthie-like ,but that s the novelty of the circuit.
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

FUZZZZzzzz

yes, I'm afraid it won't make it on any Santana coverband pedalboard. my favourite part is when double strings and higher chords get all dissonant ringmodulator like

Quote from: radio on April 13, 2015, 04:16:52 PM
:D Cool!  Sound a bit synthie-like ,but that s the novelty of the circuit.

canman

Love it!  May not make it on a Santana cover band pedalboard, but it would for sure make it on a vintage Nintendo cover band board!

FUZZZZzzzz

Thanks!  ;) Don't get me wrong. though... santana at woodstock was pretty cool.. with the amazing rhythm section. that spaced out bongo player. but, you know.. all the middle of the road stuff after that ::)

btw. also try 47nf as an input cap.. might filter out some high frequencies (hope I'm saying this right).. I like it most with the guitartone knob rolled off

Quote from: canman on April 13, 2015, 04:41:04 PM
Love it!  May not make it on a Santana cover band pedalboard, but it would for sure make it on a vintage Nintendo cover band board!

~arph

Hey, that is actually a very good fuzzy octave. Might try to run it into a heavy fuzz of some BMP stages to get a bit of seppuku space fuzz action (but with a better octave front end)

FUZZZZzzzz

I will probably need to bring the 9v back to a more safer voltage (5-ish). I dont want to fry the 567, obviously (9volt is already the top). A simple regulator with some power filtering?

Elijah-Baley

Cozybuilder

Even with a 2-resistor voltage divider and filter caps, this still has to be the lowest parts count octaver!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.