PEE EIGHT Octave Fuzz (only 4 parts) (SOUNDSAMPLES ADDED!)

Started by FUZZZZzzzz, April 13, 2015, 05:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUZZZZzzzz

Thanks Rob,

To make you feel better. If I was going to 'steal' a design.. I would choose yours over mine any day  :icon_biggrin:

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 17, 2015, 04:18:04 PM
your not alone fuzzz...

had the exact same thing a while back....even used my vid to demo it :icon_rolleyes:

it certainly doesn't feel 'flattering' at all ...that's the wonderful web eh.. :-\
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

blackieNYC

The site seems to indicate Our own "LiSoGeo" was selling the thing for $500?  I don't believe that, but should that be rectified? Not trying to stir up trouble. What on earth is happening?
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

FUZZZZzzzz

Quote from: blackieNYC on June 18, 2015, 07:47:22 AM
The site seems to indicate Our own "LiSoGeo" was selling the thing for $500?  I don't believe that, but should that be rectified? Not trying to stir up trouble. What on earth is happening?

I dont know what you mean with Our own "LiSoGeo", but the original (Reverb) sales link said 25 dollar or so. The original ad was only changed after I posted this thread about it. The poster of the original Reverb.com ad then ridiculed its own ad by changing the photos, text and price, so he or she did not have to take responsibility I guess. If its also a DIY Stompboxes member.. then it's even a sadder story.. go design and sell your own stuff!

Less people will post here if their ideas are just being copied and sold by people who take credit for someone else's work.

Govmnt_Lacky

The seller's handle is in this very thread....  :-\

So it appears that it IS sadder than you thought.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

monksanto

Hey guys, I'm just wondering about where this thread has gone, hmm, a 4-component circuit built & sold for $25... I sorta understand both sides? Would it have been better if he had said "as posted by FUZZZZzzzz on DIYStompoxes Forums" in his ad? Or if he had've personally contacted you first for your "ok"? (Would you have said "ok"?) Or, you were expecting royalties...? I dunno, I know circuits are unpatented & uncopyrighted & stuff, and that it's more the "ethics" of the situation... But I think of things like the bazz fuss which gets built (& sold (for cheap)) quite a lot, also many other circuits which are really just "variations on the theme" of some other circuit... I dunno where I'm going with this... I guess I'm just thinking, maybe (?)... "so what?" [OK, blast me now ha ha!  :icon_mrgreen:]

FUZZZZzzzz

thank you for the input monksanto. its indeed a grey area. ill just leave it with that. im going to work on this pee eight for a little more and re design it a bit. have you build this pedal? have you tried the 100k pot mod? 

deadastronaut

very observant.. :icon_rolleyes:

@LSG, whats all this shit about man?..i didn't refer to you did i?.

i didn't even notice the ''sellers' name was you....so be nice. ;)

as you were...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

I just had a listen, Rob.  I didn't think your drumming was that bad, mate!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

LightSoundGeometry

hey man..I made the thing, didnt like it. I sold it as pee 8 octave fuzz hand made by me ,meaning I put it together myself . I never claimed I invented the thing. I never sold it. I pulled the ad and refunded the money if you look hard enough sherlok and why not just mind your own business and no harm was done but you had to resurrect this instead of letting it die ..drama queen you are ..so dont  you chill out man and take your own advice . I thought people posted stuff on here for us to use and try out . I never "stole" anything. I am using the old 1960's freeweb domain crap floating around like everyone else . orange squeeze, anderton tube sound, colorsound one knob fuzz

LightSoundGeometry

Quote from: monksanto on June 19, 2015, 12:54:20 AM
Hey guys, I'm just wondering about where this thread has gone, hmm, a 4-component circuit built & sold for $25... I sorta understand both sides? Would it have been better if he had said "as posted by FUZZZZzzzz on DIYStompoxes Forums" in his ad? Or if he had've personally contacted you first for your "ok"? (Would you have said "ok"?) Or, you were expecting royalties...? I dunno, I know circuits are unpatented & uncopyrighted & stuff, and that it's more the "ethics" of the situation... But I think of things like the bazz fuss which gets built (& sold (for cheap)) quite a lot, also many other circuits which are really just "variations on the theme" of some other circuit... I dunno where I'm going with this... I guess I'm just thinking, maybe (?)... "so what?" [OK, blast me now ha ha!  :icon_mrgreen:]

yeah I thought I read in here we could use this . i made one of them and didnt like it ..never claimed I invented anything . had it listed as pee eight fuzz  -hand made by me dwn in desription stating it was putt together by me ..same as the ads you see rams muff head byoc assembled by ______

the astronout seems to want to make drama out of this and wont let it die ..

tommycataus

This is a really cool little circuit FUZZ, a lot of potential! I was working on a fuzz/tonebender variant which I have shelved for now but the last incarnation ended up using a portion of Escobedo's push me pull you to get a sort of octave texture. Should maybe have tried this one instead! I will have to breadboard it and have a play when I get some time.

As for selling the circuit, it would be different if it was something finished, boxed and been around for a while like the hundreds of muffs or tube screamers. I suppose it's less about the legalities and more about ethics and respect but that's only my two cents. Really great of you to share anyhow it is much appreciated and a really cool idea.
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - FZ

deadastronaut

Ok, i,ll just say this again, ...i never refered to you in anyway whatsoever ...

so what ""exactly"  have i typed to offend you to the point of sending me "@#$% head" comment?

i really dont get it,  i was refering to anotber guy in brazil  (which some of you may remember)

Read my original comment again.....now i,m off to change my dress and redo my lipstick :icon_wink:

Rob.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Cozybuilder

Maybe he thought the name of your band is the "F**k Heads"
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

italianguy63

Quote from: Cozybuilder on June 20, 2015, 08:03:30 AM
Maybe he thought the name of your band is the "F**k Heads"

I always thought it was!!   8) ;D
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Govmnt_Lacky

I don't know why Rob was the target either  ??? He never called anyone out specifically.

Also, I believe that Fuzzzzz was more upset about the use of HIS sound samples in the ad. I noticed you didn't reference that in your rebuttal. We have all probably made a buck off of someone else's work as far as design, changes, etc.

I think the use of his sound samples to make your sale is really what angered him most.  :-\

FUZZZZzzzz

Let's just leave it here and all be friendly..

LightSoundGeometry is probably just a cool guy like everyone else here, but maybe he's got a feeling like we're all teaming up on him. I'm not angry with anyone here. Just a big misunderstanding. I was the one with the original post, but that was before I even knew who was behind it. So maybe my post was a bit of over reacting. Sorry guys for all the trouble. The best thing about this forum is the friendly people with good advice sharing their knowledge. I've learned a lot here and really want to continue doing so.

Now, lets start building pedals  ;)

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 20, 2015, 09:23:32 AM
I don't know why Rob was the target either  ??? He never called anyone out specifically.

Also, I believe that Fuzzzzz was more upset about the use of HIS sound samples in the ad. I noticed you didn't reference that in your rebuttal. We have all probably made a buck off of someone else's work as far as design, changes, etc.

I think the use of his sound samples to make your sale is really what angered him most.  :-\

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on June 20, 2015, 10:35:15 AM
Let's just leave it here and all be friendly..

Now, lets start building pedals  ;)

Agreed!!  8)

duck_arse

wait a minute - DA (the other) - what colour lippy?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on June 20, 2015, 10:59:33 AM
wait a minute - DA (the other) - what colour lippy?

Dunno, but it'll match the dress.  Rob has class.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...