is there a google sketchup library

Started by MrBinns, April 20, 2015, 08:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBinns

like a verified list of components and hardware. I haven't got google sketchup to work in wine yet can't look, but someone just posted on /r/guitarpedals (reddit) about their models and I thought a library would be cool to have/ maintain. Similar to the eagle cad library.

merlinb

Here's one. Sketchup doesn't seem to have caught on with many forum members here.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=101765.0

trixdropd

I love sketchup! I'm no expert but I'm using it a lot lately!

MrBinns

> I love sketchup! I'm no expert but I'm using it a lot lately!

yeah it's great!

i have done it but apparently you can model pcb boards in from eagle cad. So with eagle, ltspice, and sketchup you should be able to draw, simulate, and model your pedals before buying a single part.

karbomusic

Quote from: MrBinns on April 21, 2015, 06:57:58 PM
> I love sketchup! I'm no expert but I'm using it a lot lately!

yeah it's great!

i have done it but apparently you can model pcb boards in from eagle cad. So with eagle, ltspice, and sketchup you should be able to draw, simulate, and model your pedals before buying a single part.

You'd have to hunt it down but there is a tutorial where you use a third piece of freeware to extrude the Eagle layout and pull that into sketchup. I think it is a plugin for Eagle.

MrBinns

> You'd have to hunt it down but there is a tutorial where you use a third piece of freeware to extrude the Eagle layout and pull that into sketchup. I think it is a plugin for Eagle.

cool thanks. I've been messing around with sketchup and kerkythea to model and render stuff, It's pretty fun.

>Here's one. Sketchup doesn't seem to have caught on with many forum members here.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=101765.0

nice. super easy to get it to work and it has the basic knobs, pots, enclosures, switches. That's what I was looking for! Thanks

trixdropd

Here's a crude pcb I made manually to to do internal measurements for the led spacers and so I could spec the proper enclosure for my guts.

I'll know if it all fits in a couple weeks. (It will, I already measured in 3d!)

MrBinns

nice! That's what I want to do before I buy enclosure and hoping it fits.