6.3mm socket EAGLE part

Started by crane, April 22, 2015, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crane

Sorry for kind a stupid topic, BUT I 've searched and searched and I cannot find any 6.3mm socket parts in EAGLE - neither in software nor on the web. I know that we are supposed to draw our own parts it's just that a 6.3mm socket seemed such a common thing...

karbomusic

Quote from: crane on April 22, 2015, 10:55:45 AM
I know that we are supposed to draw our own parts...

I wish I knew how. :) In the meantime you could always manually place pads with proper spacing.

armdnrdy

It depends on the manufacturer....

Look in gm-jacks.lbr....stereo switched jack. The package will fit the neutrik footprint.

If you have Chinese knock offs (Tayda and the like)....the size varies. I've had to modify the GM package to create a package that works for the knock offs.

Best to print out the package to see if your jack's pin line up with the eagle part.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

crane

Thanks armdnrdy - I will check that library.
karbomusic - please don't consider this a rude answer but google and youtube really are your friends at this - there really are good tutorials :)

electrosonic

There is something similar in the gm library.

Look here - http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/tools/software/eagle-cad/

There is an updated version of this library shared by madbean on his forum - you could look for that.

Get the data sheet - I think it is this.

Check the hole size and spacing (I think the hole sizes are too small in the gm version) and edit as needed.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER

karbomusic

Quote from: crane on April 22, 2015, 11:24:28 AM
Thanks armdnrdy - I will check that library.
karbomusic - please don't consider this a rude answer but google and youtube really are your friends at this - there really are good tutorials :)

I don't consider it rude at all, the last tutorial I saw seemed way more complex than I felt like going through for the simple part I needed at the time. I'm not the type to wait for it to fall in my lap though, if I really wanted to build one badly, I'd hunker down and figure it out.  :icon_lol:

~arph

Madbean has a library too, they are in there as well. Or search for neutrik. Eagle has a pretty bad search mechanism. It needs exact matches.

karbomusic

Quote from: ~arph on April 22, 2015, 04:15:45 PM
Eagle has a pretty bad search mechanism. It needs exact matches.

Or asterisks on both sides of the term if you have any idea what the term is.

~arph

Really? Cool did not know that!  That is really useful as i dont have to remember the part suffix

trixdropd

My gift to you guys. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/970384/Champion-Jacks1.lbr

Neutrik M Jacks are there,
Kobicon DC9v
Amphenol Stack jacks ect

The madbean Library is good but you should avoid the GM library as most of the pad holes are too small and you will likely have errors.

armdnrdy

Quote from: trixdropd on April 23, 2015, 02:17:03 PM
My gift to you guys. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/970384/Champion-Jacks1.lbr

There is something wrong with the link. It's not an Eagle library...it's code.

Open Eagle libraries, right click on the Jack library, hit copy, save on your desk top, put that library file in dropbox.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

ggedamed

Works for me in Eagle 6.6.0.
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar, Scientist, 1877-1925)

armdnrdy

Quote from: ggedamed on April 23, 2015, 02:52:35 PM
Works for me in Eagle 6.6.0.

Aah...I have an older "free" professional version.  :icon_wink:

~arph

From version five. On they switched to an XML based system. So other parties can read/write the eagle format. It's pretty cool. All the drawing instructions are in there too. I once did a JavaScript parser for schematics and boards and got to about 90% rendering in the browser

crane

thank you all for the input.
gm library and champ library are both great :)

trixdropd

Quote from: crane on April 23, 2015, 04:15:07 PM
thank you all for the input.
gm library and champ library are both great :)

Watch those GM ones though, the hole sizes and pad sizes are many times wrong...

electrosonic

Yes the gm libraries need to be double checked - I would recommend verifying all parts the first time you use them. For example the 5 volt regulator in the gm library has reversed the input and output pins - which has tripped me up (twice!)

I hate to criticize the gm libraries - they were the first eagle libraries customized for pedal builders and got many started using eagle.

That said, if I was just starting out I would skip the gm libraries and get the madbean libraries.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER