Some help with LPB-1

Started by north99, April 23, 2015, 07:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north99

Hi!

I've just created my first pedal. It's an LPB-1 from tonepad. All good until i had tested it. The sound/signal from the pedal is VERY weak. I must turn my 15W amp to a half to hear the guitar. The bypass seems to work, because if i turn off the pedal, the sound is more weak. Also, the led is not working (idk if it's working or not).

Some help would be apreciated.

F. Stefan

bluebunny

Hmmm...  If the sound is weak with the effect on, and it's weak with it bypassed, then the problem is unlikely to be in the circuit.  I'm assuming of course that you get plenty of sound when you toss the LPB-1 and plug your guitar directly into the amp?  In which case, I'd take a close look at the jack/switch/board wiring.

Edit: ...and welcome, of course!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

manners, bluebunny! welcome to the forum, north99.

can we see photos of what you have built? (unless you use photophuckett ......)
don't make me draw another line.

bluebunny

You're quite right, duck.  I'm at home, bl00dy crook today.  I blame the gross discomfort.  :-\

Quote from: duck_arse on April 23, 2015, 11:18:07 AM
unless you use photophuckett ......

LOL!  :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

north99

Ok guys, Thanks very much for welcoming me :). I think i solved the problem, im 80% sure its working, im gonna test it tomorrow because i must learn for a chemistry exam :(. By the way, im positively surprised about the promptitude of the answers, Thanks very much!:). The problem was a bad solder joint at the tip of the output.  ive touched it By mistake and the amp just "boomed" in my face :)).

Thanks very much guys, im gonna keep in touch with you, because im also workin atm at a Rat. Ty :D

duck_arse

geeze, looks like the old "show us some photos" cure is back. maybe if you show some photos of what ails you, blue, it might boom in your face, too.

good work, north.
don't make me draw another line.