ground issue

Started by mahdi, May 04, 2015, 10:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahdi

Hi

anyone had a problem with  stable hum buzz when pushing the foot switch on , and even  when turning the knob the hum keep stable , plus when touching the enclosure it make some click noise , anyone have any idea of way to ground that?

R.G.

It is impossible to say what might be happening out of the millions of possibilities.

You must provide more information before we have any chance to guess the problem.

Post a schematic of what you thought you did.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

mahdi

its same booster schematic of LPB-1

GibsonGM

That sounds like a build problem, Mahdi...the only real solution is to check all of your connections over and over until you find it!   
Like R.G. said, that really isn't enough information.

When I build something on PC board, I attach in/out jacks and a power supply and test it before I put it in an enclosure. Then I know it works, and problems later are probably my installation.   Maybe you can try that?
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...