Difference between NSL32 and NSL32SR2

Started by acehobojoe, May 08, 2015, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acehobojoe

what are the differences in these two optos? I found a NSL32sr2 at a local supplier and was wondering if it would work for the NSL32.

armdnrdy

The details are in the data sheets.  :icon_wink:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

acehobojoe

yea :)
I was just seeing if anyone had any firsthand experience.

it seems one is 500k and the other is 1M

mth5044

Looks like the SR2 has a lower forward current, higher forward voltage and lower reverse current. Also the SR2 has a lower on and higher off resistance. SR2 has a longer rise time by 1.5ms, but a much shorter decay time (80ms compared to 500ms). Some of these are max compared to typical, but you can only use what the datasheet gives you.

Be warned: the datasheet for the SR2 that Farnell has is incorrect. Seems like someone didn't copy data over correctly.

Quote from: armdnrdy on May 08, 2015, 11:33:25 AM
The details are in the data sheets.  :icon_wink:

This

armdnrdy

Look at Matt go!

Joseph started another thread entitled:  "Those doing more than the "hobbyist", what have you done to maximize workflow?"

Some of the answers that he received were...outsource as much as possible.

It looks like Joseph just maximized his workflow by having you interpret the data sheets for him!  :icon_wink:

That a boy Joseph! Good work!  ;D
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

acehobojoe

Haha, my workflow is so efficient right now.

mth5044

I've gotten more than my fair share of help here. Thought he was a new guy? Oh well.

acehobojoe

You have about 10x as many posts as I do, so I'd say I'm a new guy