Difference between TL062 CP and TL062 IP ?

Started by steveyraff, May 12, 2015, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

I need one of these for a madbean delay I am building. It just says on the parts list "TL062". I can't find these from my usual suppliers so I am looking at eBay electronics suppliers and they all seem to have various letters after them. Which one is best for me?

Cheers!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

Govmnt_Lacky

The difference between the "C" and "I" in the part number is the operating temperature.

Either one should be good for your pedal build  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

steveyraff

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 12, 2015, 11:20:05 AM
The difference between the "C" and "I" in the part number is the operating temperature.

Either one should be good for your pedal build  ;)

Noted for future reference. Nice quick answer - appreciate it, cheers!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

bluebunny

If you have lots more to include in your shopping cart (to avoid £5 postage on a 50p part), then Rapid has TL062s.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

PRR

> Difference between TL062 CP and TL062 IP ?

Get the over-size datasheet:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tl064b.pdf

Turn to page 17.

These are all the variants of "TL06_" and their codes.

The TL062... starts on page 18.

The codes on the left are factory numbers. On the right are the marks on the device, and these will probably be the types listed where you buy them.

Much of this stuff, you do not care, but the "package" is critical.

As GL says, "C" or "I" is Commercial or Industrial temperature range. Either is FAR more than you need in musical performance gear.

(I suppose you could play an outdoor New Years gig at temps a bit below freezing, but unlikely; and we know from experience that "Commercial" chips don't fail at -5 deg C, they just want to charge you more for Industrial grade if you *need* sub-freezing reliability.)

The "P" is critical, it is Plastic DIP. Ceramic DIP costs more for no good reason (unless you are making a moon-rocket). SO and SOIC and TSSOP parts are much smaller than the DIPs we usually use in pedals, you don't want that unless you are familiar with SMD work and the PCB is made for it.
  • SUPPORTER