Meatball no envelope

Started by Luke51411, May 13, 2015, 10:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I built a lovetone meatball on a rissole board via this build doc https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2Feldtcqui5ml4w7ke6ghxszyy10y0ih1c
I'm getting sound and the switches change how it sounds but the envelope isn't working. The LEDs don't change brightness with the guitar attack. Switches and pots will change the brightness but no envelope. I've tried all different switch positions. And played with the pots but no hint of brightness changing with attack. I jumpered the send return pads and connected decay to ground as it said to do in the build doc if not using them
Voltages
Tl074
1-4.53
2-4.5
3-4.5
4-9
5-4.5
6-4.5
7-4.5
8-4.5
9-4.5
10-4.5
11-.005
12-3.84
13-4.5
14-4.5
Lm1458
1-7.5
2-6.35
3-.06
4-.005
5-5.39
6-5.39
7-5.4
8-9

Beo

I had trouble with mine, but a different board. First of all, outside of the box, make sure everything is getting ground including the input jack. An Audio Probe works wonders. Make sure you have the right chip. LED and LDR works better than some Vactrols. And there's a mod on the Colour pot that I think is mandatory.

It's tough debugging a pedal where not all control setting give you an effect. Even when everything is right on your circuit, the Meatball needs dialing in to get good sounds. Keep attack low and decay high. Most other things max. Sensitivity is a weird one.

Luke51411

Quote from: Beo on May 14, 2015, 02:55:35 AM
I had trouble with mine, but a different board. First of all, outside of the box, make sure everything is getting ground including the input jack. An Audio Probe works wonders. Make sure you have the right chip. LED and LDR works better than some Vactrols. And there's a mod on the Colour pot that I think is mandatory.

It's tough debugging a pedal where not all control setting give you an effect. Even when everything is right on your circuit, the Meatball needs dialing in to get good sounds. Keep attack low and decay high. Most other things max. Sensitivity is a weird one.
Noted. I think an audio probing session is due, it seems like the signal is not getting to the envelope section. I tried another lm1458 from a different source and it changed how it opperates. The LED brightness is now not affected at all by any of the pots rotation and there is still no pulsing with the envelope just constant brightness.

duck_arse

measure the resistance across your C6 10uF. if it is short to ground ........
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Luke51411

I did some audio probing and I'm not sure what I did but it works now. I think the first 1458 was bad and the second one works I just had to dial I. The right settings.