Will update forum sometime in the new couple of days

Started by aron, May 17, 2015, 03:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGBB

Somehow looks clearer to my meager eyes. Like.
  • SUPPORTER

PRR

> upgrade to the 2.0 version of simple machines. There are _too many cool additions_

> the version is so new, there _aren't that many modifications ready_.

Hmmm.

AND-- the {U} tag is not working? Neither is the format-click toolbar?

And I see a LOT of broken stuff. Labels on the Quick-Reply Post/Cancel buttons. Sections in the drop-down Jump-To list. And as noted, the labels for the numbers for personal messages, forum post count, newest member.....

Also the font size is smaller? (My eyes squint more.)

Good luck.
  • SUPPORTER

armdnrdy

The YouTube links that used to display a video now just display a link. (not a hyperlink)

Example:

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

aron

The theme that was used is no longer valid. If you go into profile and change the theme to Curve (under look and layout) that will fix a lot of things.

slacker

Indeed it does  ;D Thanks again for all your hard work keeping the forum going Aron.

I guess the broken youtube links is because that plugin isn't installed, there's no "youtube" button when posting.

aron

Govmnt_Lacky

One of the things I liked most about the DIYStomp layout was the ability to see the most recent posts at the bottom of the screen on the Home page. Sadly.. this is not available in the "Curve" theme  :'(

EDIT: What is with the little color blocks just above the avatars? I see that aron has 5 red ones but, some people have 2... others have 4 yellows. Is that a symbol of post number? Years on the forum?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

armdnrdy

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 22, 2015, 01:38:16 PM
EDIT: What is with the little color blocks just above the avatars? I see that aron has 5 red ones but, some people have 2... others have 4 yellows. Is that a symbol of post number? Years on the forum?

I believe that they are an electronics knowledge gauge. Paul has five! You and I only have two.  :icon_cry:

@ Aron:
I changed the theme....and everything works and looks great! Thanks for the upgrade!

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

PRR

> What is with the little color blocks just above the avatars?

What "color blocks"??

> change the theme to Curve

When all the trim went bad, first thing I did was look at my Theme (I had been using an old crude theme). I took the obvious "Forum or Board Default", ass-uming "Default" *should* work.

Now you say "Curve"?? OK, that is "SMF Default", which might also work.... but I've seen it on another forum and am NOT fond of it.

Maybe I'll go back to Girlyman.

About to press "Change", hope nothing goes wrong.....
  • SUPPORTER

aron

Yes, hoping to find or alter the default to something more like what I had.

PRR

OK, with "Curves" theme I see these "color blocks" now. Also the Post/Preview buttons under the Quick-Reply box. Full composition box now has click-formatting icons. Does underline work? (yes) Text size is reasonable. Works much better than "Forum Default" or whatever I had before (Babylon?).
  • SUPPORTER

aron

It still has way too much color etc.... Will try and see what I can do.

PRR

The "Core Theme" also appears to be functional, tho not much different from "Curves".

I'd like to get in there and hack-out the empty space and half the colors. I'm sure there is a themes tutorial on the SMF site. Ah, too many other projects.
  • SUPPORTER

aron

Quote from: Mark Hammer on May 18, 2015, 12:38:51 PM
Just don't include anything that resembles "likes".

Darn it!!!! I just read this. No worries, if it's irritating, we can remove!

stallik

Does anyone else have have an issue viewing unread post lists where the posters name is in solid black but the title of the post is in wish washy blue? I'm finding it tiring to view and only the old theme appears to put the title in black. Probably just my age. Otherwise, I really like the change
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

PRR

> viewing unread post lists where the posters name is in solid black but the title of the post is in wish washy blue?

No. In "Curves" theme, "Recent Unread Topics", the thread title is thinner than the poster name but they are the *same* HTML color.

http://i.imgur.com/HskqGwY.gif

Your browser(?) rendering versus display resolution may be over-doing the thin font?
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

You're right PRR, the username is in bold, it just looked black on my screen. I can now see the colours accurately but the issue remains. Visually, I pick out the posters name but I have to look very hard to rear the subject line. It appears that all the new themes are like this so may have to revert to the old, incompatible style.
I notice that most forum users are still on the old style, not sure if that's because they haven't tried the new ones yet or if they find the same problem as me
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

slacker

Is anyone else having trouble with the tapatalk app? Since the upgrade it won't let me login to the forum so I'm guessing it's related in some way.

bluebunny

I think the spam-door may have opened again?  New user Emiliobax is filling the place with garbage...  :(
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

aron

These spammers are smart. They have dormant accounts and they activate them every now and then. In any case, just report it to me and I will ban them.