Raspberry pi pico projects?

Started by patricks, December 31, 2023, 11:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricks

I've just found myself in possession of two Pi pico units, and I'm wondering what to do with them. I've looked up a few web pages and found projects for an oscilloscope using an old phone, and a stream deck for OBS, and those are at the top of the list so far but I'm wondering if anyone here has used them for music/music diy projects?

Could they be used for a multi component tester similar to the lce-t4 and lce-tc1 meters, for a MIDI to CV converter, or even a mini synth?
In the box containing the pi units there was also two DFRobot mini mp3 players, and I'm wondering whether these could be used as some sort of delay project, or even a dinky little FM or wavetable synth

Ksander

I have some laying around too. They have pretty good specs and may indeed work well for delay/chorus/pitch shifting/... My issues with them are that the datasheet, while extensive, is difficult to understand; programming in Python is not sufficiently precise for audio, and programming in C instead/getting VS code set-up is quite a pain too.

You can find some projects if you Google for them, but last I looked there wasn't too much documentation on them.

I would be interested to see projects here!

patricks

The delay/chorus/pitch shift idea sounds fun.
I haven't looked at the spec sheets yet, and don't have a lot of time to learn code enough to write from scratch (most of my projects involving code are copy-paste-modify efforts) though, so that's where it might fall down for me

FiveseveN

Quote from: Ksander on January 01, 2024, 01:50:39 AMgetting VS code set-up is quite a pain too
Are you not using PlatformIO?
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

patricks

Oh no! I love bears!  :icon_lol:
*beat mangler :)

Knobby

That 'bear mangler' looks and sounds like fun from the demo video.

On my list of things to look at some day is using a pico to control a zoom multistomp pedal, maybe with the option of an expression pedal input to allow a selected parameter to be controlled.

mark2

I'm using some RP2040 modules to drive OLED screens that I'm putting into a bunch of tap tempo pedals because... no good reason. I have way too many of these screens, so it's just for amusement.

A while back I tried using them in audio pedals, but gave up eventually because the noise was too hard to tame. Maybe someday I'll go back to it, but for now I'll stick them in utility pedals.

Thanks for following up with that list of links. The pikocore and picosynth look like a lot fun!