i think, i did spin fv-1 decompiler / disassembler

Started by gena_p1, May 19, 2015, 06:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gena_p1

Once source files of reverb project were overwritten by mistake, so it was only one way to return back sources - to make decompiler and read the eeprom.
it's platform independend, cause i hate to compile anything on windows.

http://s.shift-line.com/decompiler/index.php

seems, it works fine with .bin and some .hex files, but need deeper testing, you may use it as is.

slacker

Very nice, I tried it out with one of my hex files and it certainly seemed to work, I only looked at one program but it seemed to match the source. I guess an easy way to test it would be to take the output and reassemble it in spinasm.

Now that you've done this how hard would it be to make an assembler, a platform independent one would be very interesting.

Ice-9

Great util.   I have tried it using a couple of programs from the goldmine reverb and is looks good, when I get a chance I will recompile to hex and see if the programs work correctly. I could have used this in the past after losing some programs.  8)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

gena_p1

@Ice-9 yours goldmine - is really best shim reverb on FV-1. I saw a lot of shimmers on youtube. How long time you spent to make it?

decompiler contained error in WLDR instruction. WLDR @ @ 4096 decompiles as 512, seems "A" was diveder coefficient, not multiply.

Ice-9

Quote from: gena_p1 on June 09, 2015, 08:37:18 AM
@Ice-9 yours goldmine - is really best shim reverb on FV-1. I saw a lot of shimmers on youtube. How long time you spent to make it?

decompiler contained error in WLDR instruction. WLDR @ @ 4096 decompiles as 512, seems "A" was diveder coefficient, not multiply.

@Gena -p1 I am working hard at the moment building pedals but should get some time next week, I will publish the schematic for the Goldmine for anyone interested.
The code for the shimmer section is a modified version of one in the shimmer thread on the spin forum which I will post here as well.
I will also be re writing the shimmer code as soon as I get a chance to improve the mix and pot ranges.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

GuitarPhil

@Gena -p1 Unfortunately your link seems to be broken  :(

Is there anywhere else to access your disassembler?

Phil.

gena_p1

Thank You, GuitarPhil. Fixed.
I changed virtual linux for new, and function name hex2bin became busy on new php. So, I just changed function name

grenert

Quote from: Ice-9 on June 15, 2015, 08:44:28 AM
@Gena -p1 I am working hard at the moment building pedals but should get some time next week, I will publish the schematic for the Goldmine for anyone interested.

Hi, Mick.
Is the Goldmine significantly different than your FV-1 multi-effect board?  If so, could you publish it?
Thanks!
-J. P.

Ice-9

Quote from: grenert on September 21, 2015, 03:12:14 PM
Quote from: Ice-9 on June 15, 2015, 08:44:28 AM

Hi, Mick.
Is the Goldmine significantly different than your FV-1 multi-effect board?  If so, could you publish it?
Thanks!
-J. P.

PM'd
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

MacroMachines

I also was able to make a great shimmer from the code on the forum.  It just took a few hours of massaging the coefficients.  I would be curious to check yours out and compare

Ice-9

Quote from: MacroMachines on December 07, 2016, 02:57:23 AM
I also was able to make a great shimmer from the code on the forum.  It just took a few hours of massaging the coefficients.  I would be curious to check yours out and compare

Sorry I don't actually have that shimmer any more as i dropped it from the original pedal i made, quite likely a similar process to what you have as i had used some code from the forum and spent time altering it until i was happy. I am working on a new Goldmine reverb pedal over the christmas holidays and hopefully will find time to look back into shimmer.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

potul

Hi All

the link to the disassembler is not working anymore.... is there an updated one?

Mat

potul

Quote from: potul on August 02, 2017, 07:39:55 AM
Hi All

the link to the disassembler is not working anymore.... is there an updated one?

Mat

forget it, it's working now. Maybe the firewall was messing up at work.

Leetut

MetalGuy

It would be nice to have that as a standalone software.

gena_p1

virtual machine is hanging sometimes, pm me if smth wrong.

else, i did several shame tools for fv and adau1701, may be will present it later.

Cybercow

Cybercow (moo)
Don't let your talent take you where your character cannot keep you.

ReedusPeem

Link seems like it's down again. Has it been moved?