What's your favorite rig/"set up" to jam with?

Started by plexi12000, May 19, 2015, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plexi12000

.....if you're willing to divulge, that is!  haha

right now, mine is an early V1 Muff i made....'68 JMP 1987....and a '68 4x12 w/ '67 Celestion 20 watters.   MAN....it is just ridiculous!! 

i like it pretty 'dirty' ...the muff's tone knob is around 1 or 2 o'clock....sustain at 3 o'clock.   

Amp- presence about 2, bass about 5, mids about 3, treble around 5.   

Govmnt_Lacky

Daisy Rock Rock Candy Standard ----> Behringer OD ---> Fender MD20 Amp with the Drive maxxed!

TOANZ for dayz!!!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

MrStab

Marshall DSL100 with Tung-Sol 12AX7 in V1 and JJ's for the rest, Ultra Gain channel cranked through a 1960A, Engineer's Thumb compressor, TS-808 with a happy beginner's accident in the gain stage, optional other stuff and a 4-knob MXR Noise Gate. you get extra presence from the shattering windows and screaming civilians with bleeding eardrums. it's great.

i like these narcissistic threads. lol
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

karbomusic

My home kick around rig is pictured below. Tonebender + Sea Urchin + LM386 amp driving a Marshall 2x12. As you can tell by the Royer 121 in front of the cab, it makes a fine recording rig believe it or not... People are amazed when they hear all that sound coming out of a couple tiny boxes powered by 9V.

M gig rig is my own OD or a Fuzz face into my Mesa Boogie DC5/Marshall 4x12 cab. The pedal board has lots of other goodies but those are responsible for the overall crunch tone.

lapsteelman

Pretty simple..... Lap steel into homemade reverb pedal (based on the rub -a- dub) into 79 Fender Vibrochamp.

Mojah63

I'm doing modern country now. One 62 reissue Strat w SD twangbanger , Warmoth HSS strat L90 bridge pu, homemade boost to avid 11R vox or matchless model then jbl prx 612m.
Paul

So many circuits, So little time

plexi12000

Quote from: lapsteelman on May 19, 2015, 10:30:14 PM
Pretty simple..... Lap steel into homemade reverb pedal (based on the rub -a- dub) into 79 Fender Vibrochamp.

Nice!!  love that lap steel--- do you gig?

plexi12000

Quote from: MrStab on May 19, 2015, 08:43:54 PM

i like these narcissistic threads. lol

hahahah!!!!  yeah...me too. wt hell?!  hey....tell ya a nice power tube for that DSL....next re-tube, get a set of Ruby Tubes EL34-STR's.  VERY, VERY good when saturated.  i've tried a TON of 'new' tubes with marshalls.  the ruby's are as close as you can get to the original mullard -34's.  you won't be buying JJ's again- lol  try em -