Shredmaster more volume

Started by ANDYEFFECT, May 19, 2015, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDYEFFECT

because shred volume is so low?
some mod for increase a final volume?

slacker

I would make the 100k in the feedback loop of the the last opamp stage bigger, to keep the tone the same make the 1nf cap the same amount smaller, for example if you double the resistor value halve the cap value. You could also do it by making the 100k input resistor on the last stage smaller but that might cause changes to the contour control.

antonis

Quote from: slacker on May 19, 2015, 03:02:21 PM
I would make the 100k in the feedback loop of the the last opamp stage bigger,

It should be better to combine it with LED diodes (or Si with Ge in series pair) because I think that there isn't enough headroom space left for this kind of volume increase...
(maybe less than 1 volt after 220k/47k gain..)

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

slacker

You could be right, however in my experience the Shred Master barely gets above unity gain, so there must be some extra volume to be had after the clipping stages. Don't forget both the tone controls are lossy.

strassercaster

i just built a clone and did the mods to make it a son of hyde. i love this pedal especially with the last 1n switching to 100pf for the sharp blunt switch. it lacks treble even though i put the treble low on the sharp setting its way better and cuts through more. led diodes are very harsh you could just double up or even triple them. in series on the 1n4148s are you running any gain/boost compressor pedals before it? if you are then doubling the 1n4148. will give you double the headroom.if you arent expirement doubling will cut back on the gain . i rarely turn the gain past 1 oclock. if your diming it you will have more volume  and less gain.