Problem-hell with beavis bboard.

Started by Epameinondask, May 20, 2015, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epameinondask

Ok, so i have build the beavis board. If someone is not familiar with the beavis board you can find all the info about it on the internet (i would post the link but the site seems to be down). So the first project i tried on the board was the Gretsch Controfuzz. Everything was working excellent unti i found on tagboardeffects an extra diode the D1 as it is shown on the tagboardeffects veroboard. Suddenly everything stopped working. No matter what i did nothing could solve it. So i left it as it was and picked it up the next day to troubleshoot it. When i first plugged my guitar in it was now working but the sound after i played a note the circuit was cutting the sound of amlost like a tremolo. Then i tried to rebuild the entire circuit from scratch, because when i had a problem with everything i tried on the breadboard,this seemed to always fix the problem. Long story cut short, this time rebuilding it (even with new components) didn't fix thing, so i started troubleshooting with my multimeter. All components were ok, so where the components of the breakout box. Triple checked the wiring. Litteraly EVERYTHING is fine except one very strange thing. I tried to connect the battery straight to the breadboard, and again nothing worked, but the battery was hot as hell. So obviously it's a short circuit problem. The even more strange thing about this problem is that when i put on the multimeter on the breakout box to read the voltages of the power supply to the breadboard, it reads around 9 volts as it is supposed, but when i plug the jumper wires to the breadboard it then reads around 4 volts or less. So apparently the problem is that when i plug the jumpers some sort of short circuit occurs. Note that i have TRIPLE checked everything, even rebuild the breakout box. Any ideas guys?? Thanks in advance for your time.

duck_arse

take that diode out. does it now work?

and welcome to the forum.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Epameinondask

Sorry i didn't say hello, how rude of me  :icon_eek:. Ι have taken that diode out. Still had that problem. :-\

duck_arse

can you post some pictures of what you've built, yr general setup?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Epameinondask