Vero Board help!!

Started by illuminatiNPS, May 20, 2015, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illuminatiNPS

Hey guys I am starting to finally understand veroboard layouts and cloning but i have a couple of questions to ask so I am going to post up a basic vero layout of a hendrix fuzz face and hopefully you guys can answer my questions about it. Excuse the big picture:

1) It doesn't show where the bypass switch is wired in. can anyone fill me in??
2) Input is only 1 wire???
3) does Vol 2 wire go between Vol 1 and 3???
4) Fuzz 1,2,3 all solder into the 1k pot right??

Please excuse my newness.. Thanks guys

mth5044

1) Bypass wiring is usually kept off because it's uniquitous and standard. If it has a different type of switching that involves components on the board (millenium bypass, FET switching, etc), it will show the diagram. It is assumed you have your own way of doing the switching, which for a lot of people is true bypass. There are a lot of schems out there. Google 'Tonepad Wiring Diagrams' - I like the use the 5th one in the document.

2) The wiring diagram will clear that up, I think.

3) Pot lugs are numbered for ease of identifying connections. With the pot shaft facing away from you and the lugs facing down, they are numbered 3, 2 and 1. Volume lug 2, as per the layout, is the output. You will see the output in the wiring diagram.

4) See #3

antonis

Off topic, but...

Is there any need for E192 resistors in a Fuzz Face..??? ???
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

mth5044

Could be for getting better biasing values.

GGBB

My guess is that the author is being technically correct with 1% resistor values. Each of the circuit's resistor values are in the E96 (1%) table (as well as E192), but they don't all fall in any other table. We're used to seeing E12 (10%) and sometimes E24 (5%) values used in pedal circuits, but the near-equivalents for 332, 3k16, and 82k5 (330, 3k3, and 82k) don't occur in those tables.
  • SUPPORTER

antonis

Quite right but, after all, it's just a Fuzz Face...!!

(which is FAR AWAY from anything that might be considered as "precision" circuit..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..