What's going on in the "new" version of the Park Fuzz Sound?

Started by stonerbox, May 22, 2015, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonerbox

Hai!

I stumbled upon the re-issue of the Park Fuzz Sound, which is nowadays being made by EarthQuaker Devices, and frankly I fell in love with it. So much grittier and fuller sound than the older ones, or at least from what I have heard from the older ones (wow.. that was a weird sentence but you probably catch my drift).

So what could they have altered?

Perhaps some major treble cut (300-400hz) + some mid boost before the actual distortion comes into play? I get the feeling there is some asymmetrical clipping (maybe even MOSFET?) going on here too . What kind of germanium trannies would be a possible candidate? Would love to hear your thought on this.

Check that Queens Of The Stone Age riff at 3:50 (How To Handle A Rope). Pure bliss! :D

There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

stonerbox

There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes