Driver for Panasonic TQ2-L-9V

Started by nero1985, May 23, 2015, 03:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nero1985

Hi guys, i bought a pair of Panasonic TQ2-L-9V from small bear http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/relay-dpdt-9-volt-single-coil-latching/

I did it because i wanted to mess with relay switching but i didn't really put much thought into it, i just saw that the relay said 9v so i chose it lol

Now im trying to figure out how to drive it, i tried using a 2n3904 and it sort of worked, pins 1 and 10 are the ones that the datasheet say are + and - so i got it to work to switch into one side (using leds to see what side of the switch was working) but then i couldnt switch it back unless i flipped the circuit, so lets say the first time i had pin 1 to 9v and pin 10 to the Collector of the transistor, then to switch it back i woudl have to put pin 1 to the collector and pin 10 to 9v

Im jut trying to figure out relays a bit, if anybody can help me out on this would and let me know how you can switch this relay so i can use it as bypass that would be awesome

thanks!

PRR

That is a Latching relay. It needs a more complex driver circuit.

If you are not running on battery, it may be *much* easier to get a non-latching (conventional) relay.
  • SUPPORTER

nero1985

Thank you for the reply! bummer, I'll have to look for a non-latching relay, on the upside im just learning and experimenting so it's all good