How commercial pedal is painted?

Started by nguitar12, May 23, 2015, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nguitar12

Just wonder how the beautiful graphic on commercial pedal is painted.
Are they using UV printer or what?

Joe

I think most of the time mass produced pedals are printed with a silk-screen process.

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Ice-9

Great insight to the Wampler factory, thanks for sharing this.

I was checking out uv led printers a while ago that could print direct to enclosure, £50,000 was the sort of price at the bottom end of the range. I never got as far as to find the ink prices :)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Perrow

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 25, 2015, 06:48:30 AM
Batter snaps at 2:40.

I almost replied with the image  :icon_mrgreen:

Ah, what the...

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

italianguy63

There, you fixed it!

(always)...   ;D
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

LightSoundGeometry

i would be willing to wager my house wampler doesnt test every single pedal ..they might do a random sampling if anything ..these large assembly line manufacturers like to give the illusion hey are still hand crafted but in reality are nothing more than a production like, mass produced object to turn over as quickly as possibly for quick money. 

they do a podcast on youtube, and ask for mail, but when people write in, they ridicule the questions and dont answer them ..if wampler and buddies are too cool now, and too smart and apparently seemingly bothered by them..I ask why take mail at all?   

looks like a case where someone is making a whole lot of money and the arrogance turns me away..I cant even watch that podcast anymore ..its one thing to teach and another to condescend like a know it all 

invest in new tech translation = let a machine do the work of a human to mass produce an object and save on salary/time = mas produced assembly line ..might as well outsource to china or india soon enough ..its all about the bottom line

garcho

Quotelooks like a case where someone is making a whole lot of money

::) I bet your neighborhood dentist takes home a bigger salary than Brian Wampler. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but it's hard to believe he's raking it in. I doubt he's struggling but i doubt even more he's swimming in diamonds. Running a business is expensive. I bet his overhead is enormous. I bet he works more than 40 hours a week and worries about not just how to feed his family (I'm guessing here, obviously) but how to keep the business going at a bare minimum to pay the employees and feed their families. Not an easy job, even if you are a sociopath with an MBA.

Quotelet a machine do the work of a human to mass produce an object and save on salary/time = mas produced assembly line ..might as well outsource to china or india soon enough ..its all about the bottom line

Running a business is at least somewhat about the bottom line, or it ceases to exist. Where exactly do you draw the line? It's easy to judge others but what would you do if you had the perseverance/talent/luck to be in that position? Looks to me like he's hiring American humans from Indiana to make all those variations on famous overdrives. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know much about him or his business, except I dislike his design aesthetic and he seems like a decent guy. Why the hate?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

GGBB

Quote from: garcho on May 25, 2015, 04:21:13 PM
Quotelooks like a case where someone is making a whole lot of money

::) I bet your neighborhood dentist takes home a bigger salary than Brian Wampler. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but it's hard to believe he's raking it in. I doubt he's struggling but i doubt even more he's swimming in diamonds. Running a business is expensive. I bet his overhead is enormous. I bet he works more than 40 hours a week and worries about not just how to feed his family (I'm guessing here, obviously) but how to keep the business going at a bare minimum to pay the employees and feed their families. Not an easy job, even if you are a sociopath with an MBA.

I think B Dubya probably does alright. Purely speculation on my part, but I believe he may merely be an employee himself - as stated on their website CEO. His pedals appear to be built by All-Pedal, which is owned by Warehouse Guitar Speakers. So he's either an employee of WGS running the pedal operation, or a one-man-ish operation who farms out production to All-Pedal. Either way, I doubt he has very many if any employees that he pays himself, or a whole lot of money tied up in capital. Smart guy for sure.
  • SUPPORTER

garcho

^ i stand corrected, interesting point.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

deadastronaut

the deadastronautfx factory tour video...brief, but to the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=271qq9oeiso
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

garcho

^ he's getting rich shipping those sausages off to china for powder coating
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

italianguy63

Quote from: garcho on May 26, 2015, 12:02:44 PM
^ he's getting rich shipping those sausages off to china for powder coating

^  I think the Chinese put them in the CAN CA3080A's I have been getting for months that are ALL faulty.

garcho

^ that's what you get for buying mojo OTAs!  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

chromesphere

Quote from: Perrow on May 26, 2015, 11:56:33 AM
Quote from: garcho on May 26, 2015, 10:03:33 AM
D'Astro for the win!

But how does he pain them?

I believe Darron, like myself uses a powder coating gun.  Not sure if he still does but there you go. Powder coating is a notch up from spray cans imo and is far more suited for 'batch' painting due to set up / clean up time.
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

garcho

powder coating, or intestinal coating? where's my  hat...

sausage, beer, guitars, pedals, amps, pasta, DIY = quality - fun/expendable income
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"