Fuzz face Clone question

Started by illuminatiNPS, May 24, 2015, 02:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illuminatiNPS

Hello all,

I am preparing to build this vero layout. being a bit new I noticed something peculiar about the Q1 and Q2 not just with this layout but with other transistor layouts. Q1 in this layout is labeled from top to bottom CBE which I assume corresponds to the three legs. Q2 is flipped but instead of saying from top to bottom EBC, it says ECB. So in my mind , I am thinking the legs are crossed on q2 and the middle leg gets soldered on the lower point?? Is that correct??

TGP39

Not all transistors follow the nice neat layout of CBE (or EBC). You have to check the data sheet of each resistor you are using. Some manufacturers will use BEC layout or ECB layout. Only the data sheet will tell you the correct pinout.  Looking at the data sheet for the GT308B, it states the pinout is ECB.

Steve.

GibsonGM

It's nicer when the designer includes the little graphic of the transistor with the flat spot for identification...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...