uploading images from diylc?

Started by Jmsteele187, May 26, 2015, 01:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmsteele187

how do I upload images?  I made a layout for  my take on a fuzz face, and would like to know if any of you see issues with the layout.  However, I'm having problems figuring out how to load an image of it.  Thank you.

GGBB

You need to host/post the pics somewhere on the web, then link to them from here or insert them in the message with the [img] tag.
  • SUPPORTER

Jmsteele187

Sorry for the noob questions, but how would I go about that?

GGBB

You can either get an account at Photobucket or something similar, or use a site like postimage.org. Once you've uploaded your image, they usually show you an option to copy a forum link. Just paste it into your message.
  • SUPPORTER

Jmsteele187

bluebunny

Upload your image to imgur.com - you don't need to set up an account.  Indeed, you don't even need to upload a file - it can upload the contents of your clipboard: so you could, for instance, use the Windows "Snipping Tool" to grab a screenshot portion and use that.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

and imgur is browser friendly. even those using Opera can see imgur's.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Buzzliteyear

Is there a way to import images of any format into DIYLC so that one could draw a circuit from that ?

duck_arse

hello and welcome to the forum, buzz.

it seems you can only import other .diy files, so I'd say "no". I'll stand to be corrected if someone does know a way, though.

Kipper4

I import jpeg into diylc so I can make my layout from it. Click on the picture icon . Resize to suit your needs your good to go. Try it DA
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

duck_arse

kipper, I am both standing, and being corrected. well played!

Buzzliteyear

Awesome thanks heaps, it makes a great program even better

My picture icon was under the Misc. tab

great forum you guys have here also cheers Buzz