help on od/boost

Started by LightSoundGeometry, June 01, 2015, 10:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrStab

curveball: what solder are you using?

i had a string of failures last year because an electronics (!!!) retailer sold me tin/lead solder... in the opposite concentration from what you want for proper conductivity. The forum helped me realise this, and the shop actually took down the product after i mentioned it to them. Intermittent connections, some parts of circuits working but others not, all-round weirdness.

you want 60% tin, 40% lead (or thereabouts). check your solder isn't the other way round. i use lead-free nowadays - if you do, too, or if you've made different circuits that work, this probably isn't the issue.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

LightSoundGeometry

using radio shack solder rosin-core .032 diameter, standard, does not tell em the mixture ratio, only a warning message - 8oz package

still cannot get the pre amp working, trying to breadboard it today ..I tried again last night and it didnt work lol

LightSoundGeometry

Quote from: slacker on June 02, 2015, 01:18:31 PM
Remove the mosfet and with power connected, measure the voltages on the socket where the mosfet was. You should get
D = about 9 volts
G = about 4.5 volts
S = 0

If you don't what do you get?

I am going to work on this tonight after the bolts hockey game..I went at bought a new breadboard