modkits thunderdrive not working

Started by Wersh, June 06, 2015, 04:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wersh

Hi all, i recently put together a modkitsdiy thunderdrive as my pedal. The clean signal comes through but when i switch the pedal on no signal comes through. I measured the voltages as told on their website and they are all in range, although i didn't do a good soldering job, i checked all the points multiple times and everything appears to be fine, any suggestions would be appreciated, this is driving me nuts. thanks.
Here's a picture - http://imgur.com/OCVeKwA

duck_arse

Wersh - hello, welcome to the forum, and you're not going to like this.

(just my opinion but) I think that build is scrap, or a learning experience. it is beyond us pointing and saying 'that bit there'. I recommend you strip this build, clean the parts of solder, and use them as practise for soldering. get some veroboard or similar, and solder all the parts onto it until you've got some good joints going. then move on to wire and lugs. practise stripping and tinning wire, then soldering to lugs neatly, until you are getting consistent clean, shiny, un-hair-poking-out joints.

then, you'll be needing a new set of parts, as these will most likely be heat-damaged, and not worth risking in a live build.

I'm told there is a place called youtube, where you can watch 'videos' teaching good soldering technique.
don't make me draw another line.